kobo e book info wanted

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by aklavik, Jan 25, 2011.

1. aklavik

aklavik Well-Known Member

just bought a kobo e book reader, does any one know where to find homesteading type books on line ,or other self sufficiency type books, most of what im seeing is romance and top ten fiction, thanks.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I did a quick google-search on your Kobo and found that you should be able to view .pdf files as well as many other formated files. If you want to, you can download lots of .pdf survival-information-files, start right here in the Fiction / NonFiction zone for stories of survival and such.

Visit DrumRunners as well - lots of .pdf files there to look through.

As far as pure Kobo ebooks, I will see if I can find a software-package that will allow me to create my own ebooks in native Kobo format. If that is possible, that could open-up a whole 'nother area of sharing information.

3. NaeKid

Did some more searching on the system. Found that Calibre works with most readers and will convert file-types from one type of reader to another type.

The video-tutorial on the page linked is quite good.

4. aklavik

aklavik Well-Known Member

naekid thanks for the info, if you have the time to meet up im in calgary for the next week or so, im not too handy on the computer , have some very good books in pdf i would like to put on my e book , would be happy to buy you lunch pm me if interested, thanks

5. NaeKid

aklavik - sounds alright. Bring your laptop with all the files that you would wanna transfer and have the programs installed to do the sync'ing and conversions ... I'll play.