Keeping in shape

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by bunkerbob, Nov 8, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

This is what I did this past weekend to keep in shape. Hiked in to San Jacinto wilderness area above the Palm Springs Tram. Made camp at 9100' ft level. Used my new MOLLE II backpack, about 55lbs, great fit and very confortable.

Attached Files:

2. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

Nice view, I drove by there on Thursday.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

wow, must've broken your heart to leave... :cry:

4. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

A lady friend of mine gave me her Skinny ***** diet book to read, quite interesting about how detoxifying your body can help in weight loss. The only problem is I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to be a vegan! Bring on the cow,the pig and the chicken!:D

By the way Bob where can I find one of those camo tents?, what brand is it?

5. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

Sorry I meant nice view from your pic. I was on that straight boring highway at the bottom. Now I am sitting in a hotel in lovely Yuma Az.:gaah:

6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

GI issue USMC made by Eureka, great tent, opens on both sides. Got it from a local Marine. This one was brand new with all of the original gear. A little bit on the heavy side compared with my other mountaineering tents, but nice for two full sized people, you don't have to crawl over the other person when getting in or out. By the way the rain-fly blocks IR detection.

7. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

My wife and I looked at those books - just long enough to see that they don't eat any meat or dairy. NO CHEESE? you gotta be kidding. They went right back to the library the next day!

Great view Bob! wow, what a hike!