Keep riding???

Discussion in 'Vehicle & Transportation' started by NaeKid, Jan 16, 2011.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Some videos for you all to see:

#1[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVMEF3x4GHo]YouTube - ShockingBarack | Brammo[/ame]

#2[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IcwiDHTADE]YouTube - Brammo Enertia electric motorcycle[/ame]

#3[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDF2EMjir2k]YouTube - Brammo Empulse Electric Motorcycle -100mph/100mile range[/ame]

... and purchase from BestBuy today: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Brammo+...18224467842&skuId=9481615&st=brammo&cp=1&lp=1

Now - to find a way to charge this thing up via solar-panels, eh?

2. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

LOVE IT!!!

Pricey, but worth it, eh?

I'm going to check it out....

Battery life...
    Battery replacement cost...
    Charge rate...
    Available charging stations "underway" (wherever that is)

Do they have a "chopper" version yet? :D
    -Basey's an old hippie / biker :rolleyes:

3. NaeKid

An alternative to the Brammo Enertia motorcycle is the Zero Motorcycle - similar concept, but, the Zero was originally built as a dual-sport and then was recreated as a supermotard ..

ZERO MOTORCYCLES ? The Electric Motorcycle Company - Official Site

I sat on a Zero at the Calgary motorcycle show a few weeks back. The seat is very stiff, so, I would hope that could change, but, ride-height felt comfortable.

I asked about solar-charging these beasts, but, it seems that I would need to run 4 panels at 12-volt each and one panel at 6-volt in series to give me the required voltage.

The only other option that I can see at the moment is to run a bank of batteries to an inverter to get 120-vac and then using the built-in charger to turn that AC back into DC ... a shame if you ask me.

4. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

OK Kid! - you got me hooked alright!

My kind of bike:

[​IMG]
    Big Bear Electric Chopper

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z7H-iDHB7A[/ame]

Yeahhhh!

- Basey
    :cool:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  5. NaeKid

Here is a picture of my bike on the day that I bought it ... it is being converted over to an emergency BOV - my primary being one of my 5 Jeeps in the stable ..

Attached Files:

6. willysman

willysman Member

Hey Naeked

Nice KLR. I have an 88 that is also one of my BOV/GHV's. I live 50 k's from work and ride from spring to fall so mine is being set up with ammo can panniers and has a pelican trunk as well as my BOB on my back or lashed to the back daily.

7. NaeKid

Willys ... would you happen to be a moderator on another website that I visit regularly and have an ancient Willy's pickup?

8. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

Nice. i have a drz400s that I spent too much modding. It has a big bore kit, drz400e cam, carb and ecm. Clutch and kick stand switches bypassed etc. I miss riding it. It was scary fast. I would "carry" the front tire and not know it until I shifted and it touched back down. A little unnerving some times.

9. willysman

willysman Member

Naekid
    Nope not I. I have the name as I used to own a 52 willys M38 modified for extreme offroading and BOV. Unfortunatly I no longer have that Jeep but have just acquired a 77 cj7 project I will be fixing up. The name stuck though as I already was using it on a few forums

10. NaeKid

Tis alright. There is another Willy's owner near you that moderate's on a KLR-based website ... I thought it was too much of a coincidence - Willy's, KLR650 and from the same general area of Ontario ..

11. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

KLR vs. Electric bike.....

Ride KLR 220 miles, spend ten minutes on gassing, chow and a walk-about, then ride another 220 miles before stopping for the night.

Electric bike, ride 100 miles, find a place to plug 'er in for the night.....

I'll keep my KLR. Besides, I don't see many electric plugs on the forest trees...... :scratch

12. NaeKid

Really? You don't grow current-bushes in your neck of the woods? :scratch

:sssh:

13. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

Nasty...but funny...

Some hikers with a perverse sense of humor have been know to take an electrical outlet box with them to shelters on the Appalachian Trail and nail them to the wall of the lean-to shelters. They then try not to laugh :sssh: at the reaction of the uninitiated, newbie hikers :scratch when they plug into them and try to recharge their cell phones, Ipods, etc. :gaah: More fun than watching television! :D