Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, rattlesnake. Seven rattles.

He's nice and fat. Was under the tractor, thank God the kids were not home yet from school, or they would have been out there...

I know why it's around, no dogs. My dog died this past winter and the neighbors did as well. The other two neighbors dogs do not come around our home.

I may have to get another puppy. At least when we had dogs we never saw snakes, now that they are gone, the first one we kill is a rattlesnake! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Now what did that snake ever do to you?:rolleyes: "jk"

I have not seen a rattler in years, (knock on wood ;)) and that was when we were living in W. Va. Cottonmouth, copperhead and black snakes are what we have to deal with around here.

On a side note my hubby and his Grandpa used to live hunt rattlers for a certain kind of church, up on the mountain. :eek: Gives me a chill to think about hubby doing that ... or the church folk for that matter. (but to each their own.)

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Rattlesnake Recipes and Cooking with Snake Meat

Featured Recipe

Spicy Rattlesnake Pasta

1/4 cup olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz can Italian tomatoes
1 dried hot red chilies, minced
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 lb. rattlesnake meat
1 lb penne or pasta of choice

Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.

Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients (except pasta) in large saucepan and simmer for 1/2 hour.

Cook pasta as normal and serve over cooked pasta

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to get my hubby to skin it...really..he said, I'd eat rattlesnake...

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Rattlesnake Recipes and Cooking with Snake Meat

Featured Recipe

Spicy Rattlesnake Pasta

1/4 cup olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz can Italian tomatoes
1 dried hot red chilies, minced
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 lb. rattlesnake meat
1 lb penne or pasta of choice

Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.

Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients (except pasta) in large saucepan and simmer for 1/2 hour.

Cook pasta as normal and serve over cooked pasta
We were just talking about eating rattlers the other day. lol ... Kind of spooky... and thanks for the recipe, I will pass it on.

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, appears that yesterday morning, my husband killed a copperhead as he was leaving ...didn't tell me until this morning...

I need to get a dog, I guess...

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
If the copperhead was leaving, why did he kill him? :rolleyes: :D

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Where I live in PA we have copperheads but I've never seen one in the wild. And living on a farm I spend plenty of time out and about. Fortunately, they're not that plentiful in my area.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
The Copperheads are scary. We lived in SE Kentucky for 6 years, and I tell you what, I'd take a rattler any day. At least they give a warning. The copperheads blend in and lay quietly in the leaves...

Glad no one got hurt, DJgang!

and blob...thanks for the recipe! Nice touch! :D

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Uh oh.... Harley feels a joke (or two) coming on.... :eek:

What do you get if you cross a snake and a lego set ?
A boa constructor !

What do you get if you cross a snake and a pig ?
A boar constrictor !

What do you do if you find a poisonous snake in your toilet ?
Wait till he's finished !

Which hand would you use to pick up a dangerous snake ?
Someone else's !

What sort of perfume do snakes prefer ?
Poison by Christian Dior !

What do you call a snake who works for the government ?
A civil serpent !

What do you get if crossed a new born snake with a basketball ?
A bouncing baby boa !

:surrender:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Harley... :lolsmash:

Here's another one, to help lighten the mood:
A old snake goes to see his Doctor. “Doc, I need something for my eyes…can’t see well these days”. The Doc fixes him up with a pair of glasses and tells him to return in 2 weeks. The snake comes back in 2 weeks and tells the doctor he’s very depressed. Doc says, “What’s the problem…didn’t the glasses help you?” “The glasses are fine doc, I just discovered I’ve been living with a water hose the past 2 years!”

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
That lends a whole new meaning to the phrase "hose job". :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.