Just curious, anyone tried . . .

Discussion in 'General Food and Foraging Discussion' started by questor, Oct 7, 2010.

1. questor

questor Well-Known Member

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Never heard of them ...

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

4. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Never had em, talked with a few fellers in the service what had em. Will keep ya alive but yer belly still gonna growl. I like the survival bars better, ya still gettin calories an other stuff, but there be something goin in yer belly to.

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Yep, have 'em, ate 'em, and store them.

They say you can use the container as a canteen and they even have a bag in there to transfer the tabs if need be. They're not bad tasting, a neat snack, but you'll need some water afterwards. I first saw them back in the early 1970's, I believe, we got some in the sort of container that you get bulk spices in now. They were sold as some sort of modern, high tech, astronaut type food item for active children.

I stockpile a wide range of things and I keep a few of the containers around and I do rotate them.

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

tried em' at an expo once...
    seemed like a malted milk ball coupled with a vitamin pill to me, but I have no real experience with em'

Ingredients: Non-fat Dry Milk Solids, Sucrose, Vegetable Oils (including Sunflower And/or Safflower Oil), Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Gluconate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Calcium Pantothenate, Potassium Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Hudrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin.

NUTRITION FACTS
    Calories 240
    Calories from Fat 108
    Total Fat 12g, 18% Daily Value
    Saturated Fat 3g, 15% Daily Value
    Cholesterol 3g, 1% Daily Value
    Sodium 140mg, 6% Daily Value
    Total Carbohydrates 30g, 10% Daily Value
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 12g
    Protein 4g
    Vitamin A 100%
    Vitamin C 100%
    Calcium 20%
    Iron 100%
    Thiamin (B1) 100%
    Riboflavin (B2) 100%
    Niacin 100%
    Vitamin D 100%
    Vitamin E 100%
    Pyridoxine HCL (B6) 100%
    Folic Acid 100%
    Vitamin B12 100%
    Phosphorous 10%
    Iodine 100%
    Pantotyhenic Acid (B5) 100%
    Zinc 100%
    Manganese 100%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2.000 calories diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

180 food Tabs. 15 day food supply, under 1 pound.

7. PS360

PS360 Well-Known Member

I sampled one at a gunshow.

It reminded me of a dgl licorice tablet. (if anyone is familiar with what they taste like)