Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned this one at scout camp while going through training last weekend. A great cold weather energy food is liquid jello. it's loaded with protein and sugar, just boil water and have a nice warm energy drink. It's a great substitute for water, coffee or energy drinks, has many flavors to choose from. I think I will add a couple packs to my BOB.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I've heard that also .... along with a lot of doctors have started asking moms to give their babies liquid jello ... don't remember right off hand way but they did.

My aunt was having a fit and offerening jello to anyone that came to visit, mom and baby. lol

The baby would drimk some and the rest went to the frig for 'jello'.

·
BucketHunter
112 Posts
Not to mention calcium which is used by the immune system. Gelatin is a really easy food to digest and assimilate -- which is good for little'uns and adults alike. I'll sometimes add a little flavorless gelatin to chicken soup when family members get sick. I have no data showing that it helps other than the 'secret' of so-called "Jewish Penicillin" (aka chicken soup as a cure for the cold) is reputed to be the high gelatin content of the chicken bones and feet.

Agree wholeheartedly that it's a good food to stock.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
When the kids were babies and big enuf to be able to eat a bit but still used a bottle, when they got sick with the runs the dr. told me to make warm jello and feed them the liquid-was supposed to be easy on their tummy and good for them... Now I wanna go and pick some up,, its on sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.