Jeep LJ

Discussion in 'Vehicle & Transportation' started by Turtle, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I am seriously looking at a couple of these. I had a TJ for a while, and it was my favorite Jeep of the five I've owned. Bought the 4-door JK for the increase in room . . . loved the extra room, but hated the "improvements" Daimler made to the Wrangler. So now I am looking at trading in my Mustang (after less than six months . . . what can I say, I'm a Jeep guy!) and picking up an LJ.

Since I'm pretty sure a couple of guys on here have one, how do you like it? Is the soft top hard to put down with the extra length?

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Have 3 YJ's in the stable and one LJ. I love the length of the LJ and the extra towing capacity over the SWB-Jeep. On snowy-roads, the LJ's extra length makes it feel more stable with less chance of the tail kicking out and trying to swap-ends with the front-end.

Believe it or not - I am on the hunt for an LJ-Rubicon right now to add to the stable and I am trying to purchase a Grand Cherokee as well.

3. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Just traded for a 94 grand cherokee already have a 05 grand cherokee and a ford explorer. Going to try to trade the explorer to a full size 4x4 of some kind.

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

still need a winch and a lift and build a tummy tuck and better skids and a roof rack and the list keeps going on and on

i also want a bobbed m35 with multifuel engine

5. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Sweet pics. Love to see a work Jeep!

6. yeah, i was thrilled about getting to put it to work
    cant wait until it warms up so i can head out to the ranch for more work
    id like to start prepping for a bug out cabin out there pretty soon

7. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I've pretty much settled upon the LJ. Found two in Jersey that I am gonna go look at if we ever dig out of this snowy nonsense. I've had two XJs, a '93 ZJ, an '03 TJ, and an '08 JK . . . Longtime Jeep guy.:)

Right now, since the Mustang is useless in the snow, I have borrowed my mom's Exploder SportTrac . . . God, I hate that thing. Makes me miss my TJ even more than the Mustang. lol Hoping to trade the Mustang in on an LJ in the next week or two.

8. Tex

Tex Pincushion

I spent a few hours pulling stuck cars out of the snow the other night with my LJ. Who would have thought we'd get a foot of snow in Waxahachie, TX.

9. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Hey Tex, you ever hear tell of any folks around there by the name of "Biggam" maybe "em"...I was in the Marines with a guy from there by that name...Huey, we called him Baby Huey of course...way back in the 60's...he'd be about 68 or 69 by now

10. Tex

Tex Pincushion

I haven't met any, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Turtle - What did you end up doing? Did you get the LJ?