JDY Fiction - Keys To The Kingdom

Discussion in 'Fiction & Non-Fiction Stories' started by Jerry D Young, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Well-Known Member

"Keys To The Kingdom" by Jerry D Young Copyright 2008

Attached Files:

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Another fine story. Thank you Jerry. :)

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

4. Jerry D Young

JDY Fiction - The Fifth Key

"The Fifth Key" by Jerry D Young Copyright 2009

A continuation of Keys to the Kingdom

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  5. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

Jerry, I have more sleepless nights trying to stay up reading your stories than I do worrying about the economy.

You definitely provide food for thought and whether I have a tractor, a push cart or a sling shot, you show how to make lemonade out of SHTF.

Wait, that just doesn't sound right.........

Anyway, once again, thanks! I look forward to each day's read.

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Second part was great!!!

I am wondering - is there going to be a third part? :wave:

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing as they were getting settled in.
    Does this generation fare as well? :congrat: :congrat: :congrat:

8. Jerry D Young

Nothing in the plans, I'm afraid. But I've been known to change my mind.

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I just finished reading this story, and like most of Jerry's story, it's well written. Sure, it has all the toys and trinkets and million-dollar preps that financially-challenged people like me won't ever have, but what got me thinking is that while I'd never have the kind of money and preps these characters have, I could have made different choices in life that would have put me in a better financial situation to buy more than I have.

I've played most of my life, going off on this adventure or another, when I could have worked more or spent my money differently. I don't regret the things I've done. The way I look at it is: Why put everything into preparing to live LATER when I'm not living now.

So on that note, in Jerry's story, the town's people eventually think they should be entitled to the main Character's supplies, and some don't think they should have to work or do anything in exchange for it. Some want to take it over and distribute it themselves. There's resentment toward the rich guy who has all the stuff.

The point is, the stuff belongs to the guy who had the fore-thought and fore-planning and spent his money to build and buy his preps. In my opinion, he's not obligated to share them in any way, whether it would be the decent thing to do or not. The townspeople didn't prep. They could have, at least to some degree. Even me, with not much money, I learned how to garden and save seed. I prioritized money I could spare for a few things that would make life easier after the SHTF. We bought hand tools and hand saws.

If TSHTF and we come up short, and someone with the food we need would let us have some in exchange for work, I'd be more than glad to do that work. I hope none of us would just expect to have it handed to us.

Jerry, this is a good story. It has a good plot, good characters, and I felt like I was there in the action! (I'd have been the old housekeeper lady!! lol)

I didn't know there is a second part to the story, since I only opened the first post, so I look forward to seeing what comes next!