JDY Fiction - Influences

Discussion in 'Fiction & Non-Fiction Stories' started by Jerry D Young, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Well-Known Member

"Influences" by Jerry D Young Copyright 2006

Attached Files:

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:2thumb: :thankyou:

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

a BIG thank you ... :wave:

4. Ezmerelda

Ezmerelda Well-Known Member

"Of course Big had lots of magazines and the 10,000 rounds of surplus ammo many of the guys on the forums recommended. And he knew just were he would use some of the ammo, when the time came, if push came to shove.
    Big had been coming home one afternoon, early because of a problem with the machine shop electricity. A delivery truck was unloading a bunch of five or six gallon buckets at the house on the north corner of Big‟s street where it met 9th. Big hoped it wasn‟t all beans and rice. He‟d make them pay if it was. Everybody said Mountain House was the way to go. And MRE‟s."​

And this is why I drive out to pick up my orders, then back into the garage and close the door before I start unloading. Who knows how many Bigs are in my neighborhood?

As a matter of fact, after trips to the grocery store, I back in and close the door. Often, when I haven't shopped at all, I back in, close the door, then come right out the front door to fiddle in the garden, or pick up the mail...nothing to see here, truck's empty, I just like parking in the garage...:peep:

5. Jimthewagontraveler

Jimthewagontraveler Well-Known Member

Ohhhh noooo.
    Excellent story.
    Excellent ending.
    One sentence to long?

6. Dove150

Dove150 Well-Known Member

Excellent as usual, thank you.