January Weather

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jason, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I hope I'm not stealing Andi's thunder by starting this thread, but I like the weather threads too! :)

Single digits this morning. 8 at Pgh International Airport. 12 degrees F here at the house this morning, but my mercury thermometer is on the brick wall of my house so it might pick up some heat from inside. Some exposed pipes inside the springhouse froze so I had to thaw them with the Reddi Heater. Ah, the country life...

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Cold!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

How dare you steal my thunder ... :cry: ... (LOL)

Wind chill this morning was unreal ... -15 :eek: and I have to second what UncleJoe said, "COLD!"

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

70's today, again, shucks! how I miss the snow and cold weather. But it is getting overcast though.

5. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: OK rub it in. :D A balmy 13 from a high of 17 today. Might hit the single digit's by morning. But we did have sunshine most of the day for what it was worth, it was purdy. Had to thaw out my neighbor's water meter this morning. :p

6. UncleJoe

We don't like you anymore. :rolleyes: :kiss:

7. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you guys have to put up with all the stinking liberals . . . so I'll take the cold. lol

Pretty sure we had a wind-chill of 10 degrees yesterday, with gusts of up to 43mph.

8. Country Living

Country Living Supporting Member

It's going to be a tad bit chilly in my part of The Great State. That Canadian front is coming all the way deep into Texas! I even had to get out my long johns since the lows are going to be in the teens!!! <grumble>

We've executed those parts of our plan that address exceptionally cold weather, especially where it pertains to the well house. We have plenty of wood for the woodstove, plenty of propane for the generator in case the electricity goes out (there are football games that must be watched!), there's no problem with food or water, and plenty of good books waiting to be read.

This will be just another week in PreparedLand, albeit a very cold one.

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

It's colder and snowier here in N. C. Ohio than I would like it to be. I can't wait to see the gas bill. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

10. UncleJoe

Cold!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

Cold Winter

Winter... this is when we try our best to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer--when we complained about the heat!:hmmm:

(It's pretty durn cold here, too!) Thankful for warm fleece blankets, hot tea, and ... everything else that warms us up on these cold nights.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  12. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Ain't that the truth.

13. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

Has not been this cold in Jaw-jah in quite some time (10 to 20 years ago depending on the source). at least I am not in a location where it is much colder.....been there.....done that.....not going back unless I have too!!!!

14. Country Living

Country Living Supporting Member

Your state seems to have had weather extremes the past several months. Drought then flood. Heat then cold. I even think you had a bout of tornado weather.

We usually have just a few days of winter weather each year in The Great State. I think it's going to be a bit longer than that this year. Thank goodness we have a lot of firewood for the woodstove.

15. bunkerbob

Mid 70's again today, need to go to the Post Office, hope I don't get sunburn, you know the kind that burns the top of your feet when wearing flip-flop sandals.:D I know Unclejoe you hate me.:kiss:

16. UncleJoe

You really enjoy this, don't you? :p

17. bunkerbob

Good news no sunburn, but the weathercast for today is a bit uneasy, 70+ degrees above zero. Burrr!!! :woohoo:

18. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for you. I just shoveled anouther 6 in. of snow. Snow wall is now about 30" and temp. forcast -16 F tonight. I love it.

19. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm not to far off of that but where expecting an arctic wind to come through this evening.

20. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Heat Wave!!!

We are to be in the 40's for the next few days :2thumb: maybe even the low 50's ...

Then snow for next Sunday ...:scratch