Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the thread is about canning dried beans ?
I've looked for it but can't find it.Could it be on another thread ?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you posted on that thread just dig thru your own posts on your home page.(just click on your own name, then click on stats and then on your posts.) you should be able to track it quicker than random searching.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you posted on that thread just dig thru your own posts on your home page.(just click on your own name, then click on stats and then on your posts.) you should be able to track it quicker than random searching.
Thanks Em,but it did'nt work.The green outline lit up but nothing happened.:confused:
My webtv would'nt pull it up.
Does'nt matter really but thanks a lot for the help.This web tv is not what it use to be .
I forgot if we can can dried beans after cooking them or not.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I don't know why it didn't work for you I just just looked at your stats a while ago found the posts and the thread and bumped it up for you. I am sure that it is the thread on dried beans that you were looking for. check down there and see if that is it.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know why it didn't work for you I just just looked at your stats a while ago found the posts and the thread and bumped it up for you. I am sure that it is the thread on dried beans that you were looking for. check down there and see if that is it.
Yea that was the one.Thanks again.:wave:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now that you've found it, would you mind sharing the info with us? I was thinking along the same lines, canning dry beans.........;)
Sure,I don't think it is a good idea,its too much work.Just save them in their bags and seal them with a good seal.
This is what I got out of it.Somebody else may have another idea.:wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I can dry beans so I have some ready in a hurry. I don't know if I posted on the other thread.

I soak the beans over night, then put them right in jars and process them in the pressure canner. I've done pinto, black, kidney, and northerns this way.

I also cook up pinto beans (mainly in the winter when I can simmer them on the already-burning woodstove that is heating the house. Free cooking), then spread them on sheets and dry them. Then by spring/summer I have lots of precooked and dried beans ready for quick meals.

I just soak the pre-cooked drid beans for half an hour to an hour and they're ready to use.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can dry beans so I have some ready in a hurry. I don't know if I posted on the other thread.

I soak the beans over night, then put them right in jars and process them in the pressure canner. I've done pinto, black, kidney, and northerns this way.

I also cook up pinto beans (mainly in the winter when I can simmer them on the already-burning woodstove that is heating the house. Free cooking), then spread them on sheets and dry them. Then by spring/summer I have lots of precooked and dried beans ready for quick meals.

I just soak the pre-cooked drid beans for half an hour to an hour and they're ready to use.
This would be a good way to store food and not real expensive 'yet'.
I will try it soon.I have a dehydrator,but it seems beans would take up lot of shelf room ?
Soon as we get this garden done,I will surely try this idea.:wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts