It's Started Already

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

From Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill - Shira Toeplitz - POLITICO.com

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition the gunman used...

...“My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,” McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.

... no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either.”

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

Another vocal supporter for gun control, Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, told POLITICO that he hopes “something good” can come from the Arizona tragedy – perhaps discussion on a new assault weapon ban, sales at gun shows and tracing measures.

2. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

Look at Canada they really don't allow us weapons its not that bad here?????
    Oppps spoke to soon we taxed way to much, no real say in Gov't, Police act like storm troopers, and only crimanls have any real fire power........:surrender:

3. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

4. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

In case yer wonderin, that be yer rights that they be chippin away at.

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

& this is how Liberty ends... :cry: :ignore:

6. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

The only thing I "hear" from all that is:

"Get while the gettin' is still good..." - aint that what they said in the last depression we had?

...and we thought Obama was "gun salesman of the year".

:gaah: -now all those high prices he caused have come down to normal again... (was it only temporarlily?)

- Basey

7. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Hopefully no one had any doubt what you are talking about.

As said in several threads on several boards, they "won't let a crisis go to waste."

Notice the blatant attack on the Tea Party . . :gaah:

8. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Wait, so I can't speak my mind to the politicians? :gaah:

First comes :rant: then comes :club: followed by your choice of politicians head.

9. The_Blob

just watched the "memorial"... :gaah:

what a disgusting display, Krauthammer is WRONG, it was a completely politicized circus, look between the lines in that speech, the tone, the body language, a transcript CAN'T capture that, and unfortunately that is all a lot of people will have to go on...

10. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

I agree The Blob... it was a total politicized circus. my mom was like...isn't that nice? I am like..seething and told her...can't you hear what he is saying????
    well I guess it was a simple matter of not letting a crisis go to waste.... :gaah::gaah::gaah:

11. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Remember the Paul Wellstone 'memorial'? Totally politicized. DH and I were hoping this wouldn't turn out the same way, but we weren't willing to watch to find out... :cool:

12. rs372

rs372 New Member

Nah, citizens sitting around on their butts and tolerating all this nonsense is how that happens.

13. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

The nation was blind when they elected that fool and will not open its eyes untill its way to late.

14. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I could NOT bring myself to watch the memorial. Hopefully it was not a politicized as I was afraid it would be, but I just did not want to listen to the stuff that comes from that man....

15. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Me either, knew they wouldn't let the crisis go to waste.
    What a friggn jerk. :gaah:

Where is Forrest Gump when we need him? :(

16. The_Blob

I felt that I had to watch... we have to witness this behavior, tell people about... put a little urine in the kool-aid :eek:

and when I say "tell people about it" I do NOT mean people that you know will agree with you, those people already get it... the 'undecided' ones are the ones that need to be informed, over & over again, don't forget the average American gets bombarded by over 100 purposefully lib-tarded messages a day from the lamestream media outlets :gaah:

17. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

"...could be seen as threatening..." kind of leaves the door open to interpretation, doesn't it?

18. townparkradio

townparkradio Family Friendly DJ

Obama gave a pretty speech about it. It was typical Obama blue-skies and sunshine vote for me ********. I'm so glad I'm going to opt out and homestead soon.

19. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader