Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put my son down for his afternoon nap. He's 15 months old right now. We had the TV on a kids' station and there was a show on that features these bugs. Some of the bugs said that summer was never going to end and threw a party and most of the bugs showed up with their seeds (food) for the party and ate it all. One little kid bug wanted to go but his parents said winter was coming and they had to store away seeds. They took him for a boat (leaf) ride and he didn't hear frogs and saw leaves falling. He was convinced winter was coming ad helped his parents and some others fill a hollow log with seeds and then winter came and everyone was hungry except for the one family, who of course let eveeryone share the seeds. After they stored their food they joined the party till the snow came. The whole show was about prepping. Raised my eyebrows a little.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
That remind me of my favorite fable...

I still like the old version...
THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long,
building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be responsible for yourself!!

The Ant and the Grasshopper 2009 VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant
should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a
video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit t he Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing,
'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Acorn stages a demonstration in front of the ant 's house
where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.'
Rev. Jeremiah Wright then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake and to curse America .

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back
of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government's Green Czar.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ants food while the government house
he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident
and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang

of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New meaning to "bug out".

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
More like "bug in" :)

·
265 Posts
Nice story!

It's a shame so many people could feel bad for the ant after reading this story, while the next morning they will still vote for more taxes on those who have worked hard to have something extra.

V.

·
Survivor
7 Posts

MORAL OF THE STORY:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a
video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit t he Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing,

Rev. Jeremiah Wright then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake and to curse America .

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back
of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government's Green Czar.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ants food while the government house
he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

Man that was well written. It made me smile and want to go buy ant traps. It rings very true though which is very scarey. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Man that was well written. It made me smile and want to go buy ant traps. It rings very true though which is very scarey. Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Thanks for the undeserved compliment, I received this from a email a while back should have said so in the post, sorry. The original is as old as I, WOW!!:ignore:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Thanks for the undeserved compliment, I received this from a email a while back should have said so in the post, sorry. The original is as old as I, WOW!!:ignore:
I meant to ask you some time ago if that was your creation and then forget about it. That's really good. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was watching arthur the other day with my 3 year old and on the show the power went out and so a neighbor invited them over and showed them how he was prepared for a blackout or any other disaster, he had a stockpile in his basement of food, water, and many other things. I though it was very interesting I mean it's a kids show they are really putting a powerful message in there it was great.

·
wanna be prepared
71 Posts

MORAL OF THE STORY:

bwahahahahahahahaa:congrat:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Nah . . . because Star Trek is lame. Han Solo would kick James Kirk's a$$ into next week.

This is an old argument amongst my cousins and myself: two of my cousins are BIG Trekkies . . . like, one has a communicator tattooed on his chest and gets family portraits done with him, his wife, and two kids all dressed up in TNG uniforms, and the other one used to have a black panel van with a mural of the Enterprise painted on the sides.

It's sad that they won't admit that Star Wars is waaaaaay better.:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nah . . . because Star Trek is lame. Han Solo would kick James Kirk's a$$ into next week.

It's sad that they won't admit that Star Wars is waaaaaay better.:D
Capt. Janeway is still better looking than BOTH Kirk and Solo . . . . . . .

put together

but R2D2 . . . now, that's a different story

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts