It's now 200 in Haiti...

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by SurviveNthrive, Oct 24, 2010.

1. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Cholera Outbreak Hits Haiti, Nearly 200 Dead - FoxNews.com

"...but half an hour later the father of 10 was dead."

Maybe that's part of the problem.

I read articles like that and it propels me to do more than buy more water. The quake was back ten months ago and it's still unsorted. Yeah, it's a country that hasn't got it's crap together, but still, in a huge collapse, things can happen and one can't store enough water forever.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

It hit's home hard how we need water even if there is no food around. With out a half decent source of water, no one would last long. I wonder why after the millions of dollars all the fancy folks poured in there to feel good about them self, why is this even going on. Who is over seeing the money there. There is no reason for this to be going on, period. It does look weird that after all this time it hit's so hard now, i hope they can get it under control.

3. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

I heard of folks who were going to go on a mission there. The Haitians wanted THOUSANDS of dollars just for folks to come and help their own people. Instead of wasting money on the fees and permits (bribes) the missionaries went elsewhere.

It's the responsibility of a people to take out their own government if it's unjust and their government is corrupt to the point of the people suffering and losing family members. They ousted the French for slavery and abuses. They need to continue their revolution.

4. bjames40

bjames40 lonederanger

there are probably lots of folks who were prepared for shtf on A TROPICAL ISLAND ......but why aren't they on the news............oh ya thats right those guys are bad pr for the "charity" industry

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

On a tropical island there are food crops that grow so vigorously that they're considered weeds when ill placed, however, they're starving in Haiti on a long term, regular basis while next door, in the Dominican Republic they can export food. It's hard to explain. Every yard, every meridian on that island should be growing food.