Its not about the public, Control is the goal

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by kyfarmer, Nov 10, 2010.

1. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

The FDA is gona make smoke makers put pictures of cancer patients and toe tags and corpses and cancered lungs. Please name anyone besides a newborn that don't know smoking is bad for you. Yep i smoke liked ta quit and should but the stupid FDA thinks pictures cause i guess we is so dang dumb we don't know its bad for us, we is to stupid. :p This move is not about you or me or your children it is about control, period. This is a step to removing your natural cures and supplements from your choice on the shelf. Watch it it is coming, as a adult yes i drink one every now and then and smoke and, O' my gawd! salt the crap outa my food. I know better but i like my stuff that way. Heavy on the pepper to. NY banning trans fats its not their frickin job to tell us what to eat drink or smoke, i,am sick of the stupid money line always used for a reason for it. Look how those dumb azzez are spending our cash and tell me if they have the right to tell us how to live our lives. Crap what a rant outa breath gota light a smoke and pop another cold one. :D

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Control is the goal !

and ...That is the plan

... better put some of that (extra) salt out of sight ... ;) if you know what I mean.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

of course it is... just what do you think is in a 2000+ page HCB?!!?!!?? :mad:

4. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

the Health Control fiasco?

Wait until we find out about the portion regarding firearms and ammunition.

5. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Well Duh

Everybody knows inhaling bullets is not good for you and I for one think they should make the ammo company's put filters on them.. it won't stop them from killing you but it may slow down the blood loss..sorta like a flying tampon..:dunno:

6. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

I'm not into smoking, but what I dislike is the anti smokers who keep assailing us with adverts. I don't need to go to a theatre, pay for a ticket and have to sit through some stupid anti smoking ad. Nor do I need to see ugly posters of diseased organs and dying people when I don't smoke posted when I'm getting some governmental business completed. I'm glad that I'm seeing fewer of them on the beginnings of DVD's. For a while, I actually would buy a pack of cigarettes out of defiance, now and then, and giving them to a smoker who looked like he or she could use a pack. I found that *****ing about those ads does get things done, because a lot of people listen to irritated people.

I don't pirate movies, don't think it's right, but in response to me having to waste time in theatres or starting a DVD and having to see anti piracy ads, it's irritating. I hope people who feel the same way get on those juries.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  7. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

Hmm, maybe I should call the radio station because that's most of the ads - PSAs! "Hey Dad's teach your sons not to hit women" "Talk to your kids about drinking" "Buzzed driving is drunk driving so don't do it." And no, just because I heard the ads doesn't make them effective because it's already what I do. I want to see the effectiveness of these ads in CHANGING people's behavior. (I think I'll be waiting a long time.) Tired of these idiots wasting money.

:soapboxzipper:

8. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

:lolsmash::lolsmash::lolsmash: :thankyou: for the laugh you just made my day.

9. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

You know, I wasn't even thinking about that possibly being public money, utterly wasted.

You're right!

10. unclebob

unclebob Well-Known Member

I guess cigarete cases will return. LOL

11. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Seriously good point, Uncle Bob. Man, you should be in marketing!

12. piglett

piglett Well-Known Member

i always just say "smoke em if you got em"
    i don't smoke & i don't really care if others do or not
    so why do the feds care if people smoke?
    tell the feds to outlaw them & see what happens then
    there would be 1/2 mill. people in Washington & they would be some "salty"

piglett

13. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

They really only want ta ban the stuff they can't controll or tax to the max.

14. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

It's about control. The reason they used to ban smoking in resturants and bars in Washington was because of the wait staff having to work there and be exposed. Now Seattle wants to go after ecigerettes which don't have smoke...they say it's because it looks like smoking!