It's a miracle (I think)

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Flight1630, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

I have been talking about the being Prepaird thing with my wife for almost a year now( since before USA elections). Back when I first strated to talk to her about it she thought I was crazy, that will never happen, nope nope nope all the time from her (lol).

Fast forward to today, she pointed out to me that she was starting to stockpile food in the bacement. I think it's a good start.

She even told me that she doesn't think that she visites same sites that I do. But they are telling her to stockpile.

I was very impressed with her for comming around. :)

angie_nrs and Meerkat like this.
  2. Sentry18

Sentry18 Moderator Staff Member

Awesome. It's nice to have a partner in prepping. My wife is never going to join me (unless S really does HTF). But she does support me in anyway I need, including financial. On the other hand she loves shooting, gardening, canning, camping, etc. She is really 2/3 of the way there, she just doesn't know it. Not 5 minutes ago she told me she wants to go camping in Canada at BANFF national park for our next wedding anniversary.

Meerkat likes this.

3. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

People have to come to it in their own way. With the strong hurricanes hitting land, Venezuela and now the terror attack in Canada she is coming around. It took having our first kid, an all day sand storm and having to ration the diapers we had for a baby with an "upset digestive system" to make me realize we needed to have more than one pack of wipes and diapers in the house. It just took off from there. Especially when the second kid showed up extremely sick.

Meerkat likes this.
  4. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Yes I agrea with you both. Im also proud of my wife for starting.

Meerkat likes this.
  5. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler Staff Member

It is nice to hear of good things happening to friends.

Meerkat likes this.
  6. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

If you make it to Banff, you should plan to visit the Columbia ice fields in jasper park (just a bit further north) https://www.brewster.ca/canadian-rockies/columbia-icefield/ And no trip to the East side of the rockies is complete without a visit to the frank slide. http://history.alberta.ca/frankslide/

Meerkat likes this.
  7. bigg777

bigg777 Well-Known Member

It is a beautiful day when your spouse and/or other family members realize the wisdom of preparing for the possibility of hard times.

The Holy Bible has warned us, MSM has warned us and our own common sense should have warned us long ago, that we NEED to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Congratulations!

Meerkat likes this.
  8. sewingcreations15

sewingcreations15 Hard working Aussie

Woohoo Flight1630 that is awesome news and I am so happy for you :D. It makes it so much easier when the 2 of you are on the same page prepping wise and probably also good that your wife is viewing other sites which are saying the same thing.

I remember when my husband did the same and we went shopping and saw shampoo and conditioner on 50% off sale @ $1 ea that we buy. He suddenly turned to me and said take the lot that is there, I looked at him in amazement and said OK honey if you say so. Previously he would say get 4 or so but we got around 12 bottles of each.

Meerkat likes this.
  9. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Well so far here is our dry goods.
    [​IMG]

And here is my wife's canning goods for the last 3 years.
    [​IMG]

I guess I will have to clean up my bacement tomorrow lol.

txcatlady and Meerkat like this.
  10. sewingcreations15

Looks like a good start flight1630 and I love your stockpile of your wife's canned goods too :D . See your wife was already stockpiling but she just didn't realise it.

Meerkat likes this.
  11. weedygarden

weedygarden Well-Known Member

That is so awesome. It is always one step at a time and for some people, a week or two is enough, for some, a year's supply is the goal. There are a few people who want the bible's 7 years worth. There are even fewer who want much more than that.

At some time, she may be willing and able to make plans with you for goals of food, water, equipment, and skills to acquire.

sewingcreations15 and Meerkat like this.
  12. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

I hope so one day, up here in Canada we need to take courses on acquiring guns and to hunt ( hopefully I can take mine soon) but I have been talking with my wife from time to time for her to take same courses. May be one day she will.

weedygarden and Meerkat like this.
  13. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

I just told my wife about this thread and her response is "we are preparing for the Zombie apocalypse ".

We I guess what ever works right? Lol

weedygarden likes this.
  14. RedBeard

RedBeard aka. Red the Butcher

The bible says 7 years worth? Any chance you can do another thread an elaborate? Im very curious about that.

Meerkat likes this.
  15. Sentry18

In Genesis the Pharaoh had a dream that may have been a prediction of the end times. It indicated there would be 7 years of feast followed by 7 years of famine. Many preppers of faith believe you should prep for that 7 years of famine.

I will let someone start a new thread if they want to discuss it further.

Meerkat likes this.
  16. Sentry18

Zombies, storms, liberals, nuclear war, transgendered marauders... whatever gets the job done is the right reason to prep!

Viking, sewingcreations15 and Meerkat like this.
  17. weedygarden

weedygarden Well-Known Member

There may be another thread about it already from years ago, or it may be on another forum I participate in. I will see what I can find, but not right now.

Meerkat likes this.
  18. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler Staff Member

I prep for zombies because it is more fun than prepping for likely disasters.

I started collecting everything that we use. If we didn't have something that she wanted then I'd pick up two and when it came on sale I'd get a bunch more. After a couple of years we almost never had to make a special trip to the store. The wife still isn't comfortable with my prepping but she loves not having to stop her project and dash off for one or two items.

When she vocalized that once I pointed out that she liked the breadth of my prepping and I liked the depth and we weren't really that far apart. I showed her how we could save money if we bought quantities on sale. She could see the advantage to her. She will never be as involved as I am but she is much better.

19. sewingcreations15

Flight1630 there is actually a relatively new illegal substance that people take that does literally turn them like a zombie and they even walk like that. Tell your wife from me we already have zombie like drug addicts anyway.

At the moment the drug street name escapes me but someone may know it or have experienced by seeing it through nursing or policing.

20. cqp33

cqp33 Supporting Member

Are you talking about Flakka?

Meerkat likes this.