Is this what we want our politicians focusing on?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Asatrur, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I couldn't get that link to open-up so I google'd the title and found something that I believe is what you read:

As a Canadian, I am the outsider looking in, but, from what I know of the US politics / constitution / etc, it looks to me like Obama is consciously skipping out any words that will tie him to the Christian-god ... and with that, I believe that he is making a "quiet statement" that he doesn't truly believe in what is American.

3. Asatrur

Ouch, I better pack my bags since I guess I do not believe in what is American based I do not believe in the Christian-god. Oh, wait was not America founded partially on freedom of religion, which would have me believe in America? I am so confused as to what makes an American now:rolleyes:

4. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

With Owebama it's most likely a distancing of himself from any semblance of Christianity or God or the "Creator" in order to pander to the Moslems. I personally do not think Owebama believes in anything or anyone and is comfortable pandering to whatever deity will gain him the most points with his "target group" at the time.

To say that the U.S.A. was founded as a Christian nation in that the ideals and beliefs of the majority reflected Christian values is true. It is not, however a theocracy as some would define "Christian nation."

No belief in God is necessary to be an "American" but the thanks for that goes to Christians at the time with the foresight to recognize the evils of state run religion.

5. NaeKid

I can say "In God we Trust" and not be an American, but there is no way that I could say e pluribus unum - my tongue doesn't twist that way :sssh:

From what I can find, the US's pledge of allegience says: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. As a Canadian, I couldn't say those words and mean it, but, I could say the Canadian version and mean it: I, {insert name}, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors. So help me God

Even the US national anthem says "In God we Trust" (I had to look it up, forgive me) and I hear it sung at every Canada/USA hockey game that I get a chance to go to ....

God is as much a part of the USA as ... well ... can't say apple-pie, that's Canadian. Can't say velcro, again, Canadian. Ahhh ... I'll come up with something later :sssh: Anyway, it is in all the oaths to the flag, to the country, in the songs, etc ... it is something that when it is missing, it is noticed and that, I believe is what Michele Bachmann and John Kline are trying to point out just as when there is a picture of Obama and Hillary (and someone else) all standing at attention - I think there was something going on and both Hillary and the other guy had their hands over their hearts, Obama's hands were clasped at his crotch ... something missing becomes noticable.

6. NaeKid

GoogleImages to the rescue

[​IMG]

7. Asatrur

MM,
    I agree about the forsight of our forefathers, but I also get very scared when I see letters like this, partly because I know Bachmann who is a Politician from my former state and if she had her way, we would have a state run religion.

NK,
    Thew words are actually "In God is our trust", but I see your point. The pledge did not get the God part until 1954 I believe, which makes me wonder how important our forefathers actually thought it was.

I have seen the picture and while I can see it being offensive to some, I felt the 8 years previous were offensive to the what I saw as false patriotism from the administration and a large part of the populace. I was in the military and am a patriot, but do I need to fly a flag either 24/7/365 or just over the 4th of July to prove it?

I also will fully admit that I do not "One nation under God", but Gods, since I have more than one. My kids also do and I have dealt with 3 schools over this when they were told to say it as is and not change it. When I was called over this, I informed them that demanding my kids say One god and not Gods, was forcing a national religious belief in my feeling.

8. mosquitomountainman

I can understand how that would be a problem with those who are not Christian but no need for concern. The state run religion will never happen here. To much discord among Christians for that to ever happen not to mention that it would be the fastest way to completely destrou any semblance of "faith."

Now, after the Moslem take-over? We should all be afraid.

9. mosquitomountainman

The picture pretty much says it all!!!!

10. iouJC

iouJC MAGIC Bullet

I for one WANT him to HAVE to sayit!! Good on the folks wanting him to say it....they know like I do, that when he says it 258 times he will turn into brown sugar like the Wicked Witch of the West!!!!!
    BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAWHAWHAW!!!

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

This is what the media chooses to present to us 'useless eaters' for if they actually printed what we need to know there would be riots in the streets??

Our state preambles all include references to God and religion. Check them out.

Also, the amendment of separation of church and state wasn't intended to keep church out of govt; it was meant to keep the govt. out of church business.

Also, a historian who gives tours in D.C. says the first Bible was printed in English in 1782 in America by .....ta-da!!! Congress...YEP!!

Most Sundays you'd find 2000 to 3000 attending church services in the...ta-da!!! congressional building!!

Furthermore, in the records it states, and I quote, 'it is a neat editon of the holy scripture for the use in our schools'.

Share that with your churches and schools. For some, it'll make their day!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010