Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uncle Joe you ask what this has to do about ' prepping'? Welll nothing since its in the 'RELIGIOUS FORUM'.

Stress getting to all of us but whipping post won't make us feel better. So you don't like some people. Join the crowd. Run everyone off here but a few and soon your stuck with just yourself to criticize.

I learned lots of good stuff from you don't know what I said to get you on my back. :confused:

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Uncle Joe is not picking on you, the rule for this forum is religion as related to prepping, not just religion for the sake of argument.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Isn't every religion about prepping? Prepping your immortal soul! :D

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uncle Joe is not picking on you, the rule for this forum is religion as related to prepping, not just religion for the sake of argument.
Tirediron you have been very helpful to us over the years here. But this one your wrong about. What is more ' religious' than Revelation and the 12th iman?

Some post will be closed or deleted, one reason why I left is because of bias. All of you talk about freedom and rights yet at times want to silence those you disagree with.

Your wrong on this one Tirediron. Politics and religion is always a very hot topic and some can't handle their belief bei\ng ridiculed. But why not prove the one doing so wrong 'if you can' instead of insulting or attacking the person?

·
883 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. The operative phrase here being 'for the sake of argument' :gaah:

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Meerkat, I have never seen Uncle Joe or any of the rest of the mods/ admin close or delete stuff that is part of a discussion, when people are discussing how something could cause a SHTF or why prepping for a whatever is seen as a good idea.
However when a thread is started to incite argument or the name calling starts it needs to be stopped.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meerkat, I have never seen Uncle Joe or any of the rest of the mods/ admin close or delete stuff that is part of a discussion, when people are discussing how something could cause a SHTF or why prepping for a whatever is seen as a good idea.
However when a thread is started to incite argument or the name calling starts it needs to be stopped.
Uncle Joe is like the rest of us sometimes we favor certain ones, human nature. Don't hold it against him just bringing it to his attention like he does to ours when our threads get closed.

I don't belong to any certain church, political system or other social group and sometimes that's unpopular. But I don't have anything against anyone here and many here have helped me with lots of info, including Uncle Joe.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Uncle Joe you ask what this has to do about ' prepping'? Welll nothing since its in the 'RELIGIOUS FORUM'.
And here are the rules for the "religion forum" as written by Naekid when he created it.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f56/rules-guidelines-3126/

And so you don't even have to leave this page, here is a copy and paste from part of the above link.

Rules

-We will respect all members religious views even if they do not match our own
-Please respect each other's views and do not belittle their views.
Not everyone is enlightened or has had a spiritual experience. When commenting about another member's experience, please remember that your experiences are not the same as theirs. If you don't have something nice to say, please stay quiet
-Comments such as "You are stupid for ... " will not be tolerated at all - do not call-down any other member. Doing so will find your access denied to this section very quickly, even if you think you are in the right.
-Childish name-calling will not be allowed. Period.

This section is more than Beans, Bullets and Bibles. As long as everyone plays nicely, it will continue. When discussing religious topics, please keep in mind, that we are not all of the same faith, and, when discussing, please keep in mind that we are all preppers. Discuss your topics with physical / mental preparations in mind. Please do not mix up politics with religious discussions and we should all be fine.

This section is not for talking about religions, it is for talking about prepping that is affected by religion.
If you don't like the rules, talk to Naekid.

Personally, I find that this section causes more arguments than it's worth and if it was my call, it wouldn't be here at all.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And here are the rules for the "religion forum" as written by Naekid when he created it.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f56/rules-guidelines-3126/

And so you don't even have to leave this page, here is a copy and paste from part of the above link.

Rules

If you don't like the rules, talk to Naekid.

Personally, I find that this section causes more arguments than it's worth and if it was my call, it wouldn't be here at all.
Well sometimes we learn from these forums. People tell me something I can't believe and I go seeking the answer. I have been wrogn so many tiems about religion and politics.

Preppign for Armageddon,haha. All of us insult, call names and act out frustrations sometimes, but some are under a closer watch it seems. Its hard to discipline a friend. Thanks to you Uncle Joe I know how to multi-quote now, remember how hard that was to teach me?

·
Banned
3,707 Posts

Stress getting to all of us but whipping post won't make us feel better. So you don't like some people. Join the crowd. Run everyone off here but a few and soon your stuck with just yourself to criticize.

I learned lots of good stuff from you don't know what I said to get you on my back. :confused:
Meerkat, I really have nothing to say about this because I have been ignorant of the religious guidelines.

However, I have noticed that you have not been on the forum lately. I have wondered why and now I know. I have noticed that others have not been on as well. I know that life goes on and people age and move onto other interests.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Meerkat, I really have nothing to say about this because I have been ignorant of the religious guidelines.

However, I have noticed that you have not been on the forum lately. I have wondered why and now I know. I have noticed that others have not been on as well. I know that life goes on and people age and move onto other interests.
Yes I come and go plus been really busy. I like the forum but sometimes take a break. I can also be hard to take in large does. I'm very opinionated and some can't handle that, one of my faults. I read too much and parrot it back to others and some things I read are controversial.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts