Is something weird happening with this site?

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Jason, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I've been having some trouble logging into this site. I click on it in my bookmarks and the site opens veeerrrry slowly, and sometimes won't open at all. Also going from thread to thread, etc within the forum takes forever sometimes. It's just with PS-no other sites that I visit. Is it my machine or are there gremlins about?

2. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Thank goodness it isn't just me!!!! I'm having the same problems:gaah:

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

It is happening to me too. Must be the changes slowing things down?? It is making me CRAZY!!!!!

ETA: it took so long to load, I thought it timed out and the Gremlins ate the last post. Sorry for 2 in a row!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

The load on our server has taken a hit - all of our sites (JeepForum.com, FireArmsTalk.com, HomeBrewTalk.com, TwoSpoke.com, etc) are all functioning the same. Our hardware server admin's are trying to locate the source of the problems and as soon as possible will have some kind of fix ...

Just so that you know, I am having the exact same problems too and trying to get in remotely is not working very well for me.

5. Jason

Ok. I think we all understand that stuff happens sometimes (we are preppers, after all) and I'm sure we'll all be patient while the server people work their fixes. Thanks for getting back to us Vance. MDPrepper-I was afraid it was going to be just me too. :)

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that cause I've been getting timed-out by firefox waiting for pages to load.

7. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

whew! thought it was my puter. restarted it and all that. lol

8. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

Kid, I think we need a new server, eh?

[​IMG]

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Basey - actually another webserver was being added to the farm last night. Turns out, one of the forums on the farm had a topic that went viral over the net and there was 110,000 guests viewing that thread every hour which ended up stealing all the CPU cycles ...

10. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

many of the forums that I post on are having tons of trouble too. Plus our hook up here by Charter has been going down-cable phone and internet off and on for a few weeks now- all the complaining in the world hasn't helped--possibly the outsourced help doesn't understand my addiction to the internet!:rolleyes:

11. Jason

Naekid, what the heck got that popular that fast?

Also, for the last couple times I've logged on everything seems back to normal.

12. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

Yeah, but does it have a TAP?!

[​IMG] <==

:D :D :D