Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starving: Is our Government working towards starving its citizens?

Stalin: He organised the dislocation of 10 million independent farmers in a bid to create a communist collective farm . When they would not cooperate he organised troops to kill them. When bullets proved too expensive to do this he managed to remove almost all sources of food from the market and starve to death those that would not cooperate. It resulted in the death of 7 million people.

California Central Valley: Nov. 11-14, 2002 -- California is home to the greatest garden in the world. The 400-mile-long Central Valley supplies fully one-quarter of the food America eats. It's a long, mostly flat and incredibly fertile pocket of land nestled between the coastal mountains and the Sierra Nevada range.

California Dust Bowl 2008: In California's Central Valley, for decades one of the world's most productive agricultural regions, an estimated 250,000 acres of prime farm land are lying fallow or dying. The parched area bears all the signs of a prolonged drought, but the acute water shortage confronting farmers is manmade, the result of the Interior Department's enforcement of the ESA to save the Delta smelt by diverting more that 150 billion gallons of water from the Central Valley. George Bush signed this legislation in 2008.

World Food Supplies: The bank says in a new report that global food prices have jumped 29 percent in the past year, and are just 3 percent below the all-time peak hit in 2008. According to its Food Price Watch, the World Bank's food price index was up by 15 percent between October 2010 and January 2011, is 29 percent above its level from just a year earlier, and only 3 percent below its 2008 peak.Wheat prices have been hit the hardest, doubling between June last year and January 2011, while maize prices were up 73 percent.

Corn: U.S. reserves of corn have hit their lowest level in more than 15 years, reflecting tighter supplies that will lead to higher food prices in 2011. Increasing demand for corn from the ethanol industry is a major reason for the decline. The U.S. Department of Agriculture reported Wednesday that the ethanol industries projected orders this year rose 8.4 percent, to 13.01 billion bushels, after record-high production in December and January. The price of corn affects most food products in supermarkets. It's used to feed the cattle, hogs and chickens that fill the meat case, and turned into corn syrup, it sweetens most soft drinks. The decline in reserves caused corn futures to surge, with prices rising 2.4 percent to $6.9025 during morning trading. Corn prices have already doubled in the last six months, rising from $3.50 a bushel to nearly $7 a bushel. Analysts expect the price increases to continue in coming months.

Ethanol: Automakers such as "Government Motors" are increasing their inventories of flex-fueled vehicles. General Motors announced Friday that it will offer 18 E85-capable vehicles in model year 2009 The subsidized conversion of crops into fuel was supposed to promote energy independence and help limit global warming. But this promise was, as Time magazine bluntly put it, a 'scam.' This is especially true of corn ethanol: even on optimistic estimates, producing a gallon of ethanol from corn uses most of the energy the gallon contains. But it turns out that even seemingly 'good' biofuel policies, like Brazil's use of ethanol from sugar cane, accelerate the pace of climate change by promoting deforestation. And meanwhile, land used to grow biofuel feedstock is land not available to grow food, so subsidies to biofuels are a major factor in the food crisis. You might put it this way: people are starving in Africa so that American politicians can court votes in farm states.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
I don't know that the government has an organized plan to starve people. I think it is more the "unintentional consequence" of bad agriculture policy based on the false science of global warming and the politics of ethanol.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
From what I read it takes 2 gallons of oil fuel to produce 1 gal of ethonol.Plus it causes problems with engine and parts.Some only buy gas without ehtonol,but its getting harder to find.

We may be killing africa with the help of islam,but soon it will hit us too.We will soon reap what we sow,pun intended.

The corn used for fuel is not suppose to get into our food,but it has.This bio engineered crapola is not good for man nor beast.

The whole world is under some kind of spell or it would cease to support these few elitist.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers,will soon become Solvent Green and Logans Run.

I past Logans Run now,hehe,but Solvent Green is another story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know that the government has an organized plan to starve people. I think it is more the "unintentional consequence" of bad agriculture policy based on the false science of global warming and the politics of ethanol.
i think its more that they don't care what the consequences are than it being unintentional. I believe that its more about power and control

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i think its more that they don't care what the consequences are than it being unintentional. I believe that its more about power and control
I'll say again...the effort/plan to bring in the NWO by the elitists--a very small faction--isn't possible with 200 million gun owners in America.
How to alleviate that?? Destroy farmland and farmers using bioengineered weather modification and other evil techniques.
When there is limited food, when those not preparing are destitute and hungry...there will be a plan almost as bad as the trains taking us to a camp for warm meals and beds....swap food for guns.
And those hungry may get extra provisions for ratting out their neighbors/families.

Prep like this is the real deal...I don't wish to swap guns for rice...do you??

·
Registered
418 Posts
I lean this way also but think it is less about global warming and the politics of ethanol and more about the fact that acceptable farming and ranching practices in the 60s and 70s (using chemicals and selective breeding to maximizing profits) have backed us into a corner. The land is stripped of nutrients, food plants are so selectively propogated for production that there are no nutrients left in them and the livestock is pumped full of growth hormones. We are now reaping what we have sowed all those years.

Of course "global warming" and the politics of ethanol aren't exactly helping us out of the mess we are in ...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I lean this way also but think it is less about global warming and the politics of ethanol and more about the fact that acceptable farming and ranching practices in the 60s and 70s (using chemicals and selective breeding to maximizing profits) have backed us into a corner. The land is stripped of nutrients, food plants are so selectively propogated for production that there are no nutrients left in them and the livestock is pumped full of growth hormones. We are now reaping what we have sowed all those years.

Of course "global warming" and the politics of ethanol aren't exactly helping us out of the mess we are in ...
So true.....

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Stated!

I'll say again...the effort/plan to bring in the NWO by the elitists--a very small faction--isn't possible with 200 million gun owners in America.
How to alleviate that?? Destroy farmland and farmers using bioengineered weather modification and other evil techniques.
When there is limited food, when those not preparing are destitute and hungry...there will be a plan almost as bad as the trains taking us to a camp for warm meals and beds....swap food for guns.
And those hungry may get extra provisions for ratting out their neighbors/families.

Prep like this is the real deal...I don't wish to swap guns for rice...do you??
No Guns for Rice!:surrender:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Our government wouldn't do anything to starve the people. The biggest problem is our government is made up of lifers who don't have a clue about what's happening on the other side of the country, they're only interested in their own district and the people who grease their hand the most.
the president can only serve 2 terms but we let the people who make all the decessions stay there til they want to leave even if they commit crimes while there.

If we had term limits of just 6 yrs and no benifits when they leave, you would see a big change in the country.they should also pay into SS and take the same med benifits that they're trying to cram down our throuts.
Also make it illegal for lobbists or any group to give or take any money.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Our government wouldn't do anything to starve the people. The biggest problem is our government is made up of lifers who don't have a clue about what's happening on the other side of the country, they're only interested in their own district and the people who grease their hand the most.
the president can only serve 2 terms but we let the people who make all the decessions stay there til they want to leave even if they commit crimes while there.

If we had term limits of just 6 yrs and no benifits when they leave, you would see a big change in the country.they should also pay into SS and take the same med benifits that they're trying to cram down our throuts.
Also make it illegal for lobbists or any group to give or take any money.
Did you forget, the people who you are complaining about are the ones who make and enforce the laws. Do you actually think they would do something like that to themselves? Would you in their place?

·
BillM
2,001 Posts
Do I

Do I believe the Federal government would deliberately starve us? Of course not ! If that incompetent pack of Jackals were intentionally trying to starve us, we would all weigh so much they would have to wheel us around in wheelbarrows. It is what they do unintentionally that I worry about.

:dunno:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Uh no. But they make some really bad decisions. And self-interested decisions - see Food Inc. if you have not.

Corn ethanol is a terrifically horrible idea. Drill, drill drill and get to nat gas over the next 15 years!

·
Amateur Radio call sign KM4GDU
51 Posts
Starving: .

California Dust Bowl 2008: In California's Central Valley, for decades one of the world's most productive agricultural regions, an estimated 250,000 acres of prime farm land are lying fallow or dying. The parched area bears all the signs of a prolonged drought, but the acute water shortage confronting farmers is manmade, the result of the Interior Department's enforcement of the ESA to save the Delta smelt by diverting more that 150 billion gallons of water from the Central Valley. George Bush signed this legislation in 2008.
Here is the problem with California water ( I used to live there)

first they Built southern cali in a desert. Then because they don't have enough water they pump it for the Northern Cali delta. And what also happens is that the farmers have water allotments and they take all of the water they are allowed and the excess they sell for a profit to Southern cali.

So the water in the San Joaquin River is flowing back wards away from the sea Causing salt water to come into where there was only fresh water before. plants don't like to grow in salt water :scratch

This also [email protected]#$s up the fisheries

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Not so much to starve us, but to control us. If you are truly hungry, I mean truly hungry what would you do for food??????
Agreed! Controlling the food supply is one of the keys to controlling the people. This is in my opinion one of the alterior motives behind the FDA, EPA, etc. Some of the other keys are to control access to health care (DHHS, universal health care, general health care legislation), control the ability of the people to take up arms (gun control), control and censor the media and access to information (net neutrality, net ID, Obamania), control the ability of the people to move anonymously (TSA, DHS, airline flight regulations, etc), there are others. The main key though is to get folks to abandon their faith in God - which ultimately is a personal decision but is 'preached' at every level from the Department of Education to the laws they pass which legislate health care.

All to control the people. A truly free people would never allow any of these things.

Oh, and almost all of this stuff is done in the name of 'security' -- but who are we secure from? Not the government!

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed! Controlling the food supply is one of the keys to controlling the people. This is in my opinion one of the alterior motives behind the FDA, EPA, etc. Some of the other keys are to control access to health care (DHHS, universal health care, general health care legislation), control the ability of the people to take up arms (gun control), control and censor the media and access to information (net neutrality, net ID, Obamania), control the ability of the people to move anonymously (TSA, DHS, airline flight regulations, etc), there are others. The main key though is to get folks to abandon their faith in God - which ultimately is a personal decision but is 'preached' at every level from the Department of Education to the laws they pass which legislate health care.

All to control the people. A truly free people would never allow any of these things.

Oh, and almost all of this stuff is done in the name of 'security' -- but who are we secure from? Not the government!
Very well said my Friend! And oh so true! :cool:

·
Texan
5,951 Posts
IMO, the government is setting the stage to control or eliminate the home gardener so that we will not be a wild card when the "food crisis" hits. They have Monsanto and other big Agra-Businesses controlling the seed, the federal govt. has laid claim to all water in the country and fuel will become so expensive our gardens will be limited only to what we can prepare with a shovel.

Yes, they are going to make sure we are all "screwed" equally when the food gets too expensive or too scarce to buy.

My answer to the question "Is The Government Trying To Starve Us", is "yes, if you dont march to the beat of their drum".

1 - 20 of 51 Posts