IRS Is Getting Desperate.

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Mar 14, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

How far will they go?

IRS Visits Sacramento Carwash in Pursuit of Four Cents
    March 14th, 2010
    Via: Sacramento Bee:

It was every businessperson’s nightmare.

Arriving at Harv’s Metro Car Wash in midtown Wednesday afternoon were two dark-suited IRS agents demanding payment of delinquent taxes. “They were deadly serious, very aggressive, very condescending,” says Harv’s owner, Aaron Zeff.

The really odd part of this: The letter that was hand-delivered to Zeff’s on-site manager showed the amount of money owed to the feds was … 4 cents.

Inexplicably, penalties and taxes accruing on the debt – stemming from the 2006 tax year – were listed as $202.31, leaving Harv’s with an obligation of $202.35.

Zeff, who also owns local parking lots and is the president of the Midtown Business Association, finds the situation a bit comical.

“It’s hilarious,” he says, “that two people hopped in a car and came down here for just 4 cents. I think (the IRS) may have a problem with priorities.”

Now he’s trying to figure out how penalties and interest could climb so high on such a small debt. He says he’s never been told he owes any taxes or that he’s ever incurred any late-payment penalties in the four years he’s owned Harv’s.

In fact, he provided us with an Oct. 22, 2009, letter from the IRS that states Harv’s “has filed all required returns and addressed any balances due.”

IRS spokesman Jesse Weller isn’t commenting “due to privacy and disclosure laws.”

Zeff says he’s as offended as much as anything else by what he considers rude behavior by the IRS guys. While at Harv’s, he sniffs, “they didn’t even get a car wash.”

2. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I'd love to say I'm ROTFLMAO..but I'm not, in fact it really pisses me off, with their wages and vehicle costs and fuel etc etc, this is why things are going to hell in AmeriKa.... The IRS as well as the BATF are two Fed agency's that are way out of control.. well, they all are to a degree...

3. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

speaking of the IRS....... I'm a business owner and we've just received a notice from our credit card processing company that we need to fill out a w-9 form in the futureas put forth in H.R. 3221: Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008

starting 1/1/11 the IRS will have access to all business credit, debit transactions

4. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

If those knothead's want to up the cash for washington, just walk next door and visit congress and the house, now that would put some cash back in the pipeline for the good ol USA. O i forgot they don't have to pay them, they are special.

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

We use cash most of the time for several reason, one of which is the paper trail left by debit/credit cards. Eventually though, the Gov't. will close that door too. They won't be happy until they have total control of everything.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I won't take credit cards. $50 a month for the "privilege" of using their machine and a 3%- 7% fee on every transaction. No thank you.

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm a self employed business man also, seems like a lot of us on this site are. I've been audited a couple of times, they'll spend thousands to get a hundred, amazing! I'm fiercely independant and wouldn't have it any other way.

8. TreeMUPKennel

TreeMUPKennel Well-Known Member

They sure do get cranky :cry:for there money, I cashed in yrs ago when I left Wally World took my money out to pay off bills. Never crossed my mind:dunno: when we later did taxes to file it and pay on it once again. "As if they didnt get enough out of it the first time" Well didnt pop up till right before this tax season that I owed them for it back taxes. Couldnt of hit at a worse time for me and the family. Couldnt afford to pay out of pocket so we kept putting it off or try to hold out till we filled and they could get it then out of this yrs tax return. Thank goodness it payed off we lasted till we filled but we seemed to be on there **** list. They we fixin to garnish the wages for the wifes pay checks. :eek: