Ir led

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by bunkerbob, Oct 28, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

This mornings project is for those of you that are into night vision equipment and perimeter security issues.
    As some of you know I have IR camera's set up on all 4 sides of my house which are connected with all of the TVs in the rooms and bunker. Through a video sequencer unit that was wired in when we built the home, a multiplexed video feed can be set to manual or automatic, which then switches cameras every few seconds or so and give me a view of the outside even in the dark. One of the problems I have is to know if someone is in the perimeter beyond the 50' camera invisible IR light range.
    I have come up with a modified battery operated motion detector that can be located further out in the yard and will only come on when motion is detected.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

if everyone is sleeping, are you somehow awakened if something is withoin the perimeter?

3. bunkerbob

Yes, I have a program on my computer called Multiviewer connected through a USB port via a capture device that will show up to 4 cameras at once. It has a motion sensing option, that can be adjusted for sensitivity and record activity on whichever camera feed it detects movement on. This includes a audible alarm also.

4. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Wow Bob, all I wanted was a pair of night vision goggles.:scratch

5. lotsoflead

now all you need to do is hook everything up to as recorder that will sound like it is in back of a tresspasser and says "freeze and put your hands in the air". I'll bet it would scare the crap out of anyone.

6. bunkerbob

I found a site that sells a motion detector that when activated barks like a large angry dog Secure Dog Barking Dog Motion Detector Alarm System...
    I thought that a recording that would say "stop where you are" followed by the slide action racking sound of a 870 Remington shotgun would be more effective.

7. lotsoflead

most intruders think they're going to supprize someone and when they hear a voice and the slide behind them, i'll bet they either lose all their water or fill their pants. lol