Introuction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ryeder, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ryeder

ryeder Member

Wanted to say Hello and hope to learn and to share many things. I am not what you would call in a survival mode at present, but with all the craziness happening today, heading back to the mountains is on the table.

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!

3. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of Chamberlain SD. :)

4. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

5. ryeder

ryeder Member

Heading up to Montana next month to look at property. Not too expensive. Why Chamberlain? And thanks to all for the welcome...

6. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard!:wave:

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

I'm not sure why goshen likes Chamberlain but I've always liked it too. It was like a dividing line between east and west when we'd cross the country. Like a milestone and goal. When heading west it as awesome to come over the top of the hilll and see the river spreading like a dividing line.

If you're thinking NW Montana, give us a holler. It's a buyer's market up here.

:)

8. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Yes!!! :)

I love the terrain of the area, and I love (speaking in terms of photography) the way the light plays on the hills - summer evenings there have an awesome light. We've camped on the river a couple times, and have just always enjoyed Chamberlain. Folks are nice, too.

9. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

goshengirl, there's a place south of Chamberlain a little ways called "White Swan", it's a free campground on the river, operated by the corps of engineers. If we had time in our travels we'd run down there and camp. It's a beautiful, peaceful place.

I'm not trying to derail this thread from welcoming ryeder to the forum! So I'll say again, a hearty "welcome" to you!

:)