Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Resident Disaster Expert
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I heard about his new forum from a Jeep Forum email and on Slick Deals.

I want to get this out of the way:

I work in Emergency Management for JIB Emergency/Disaster Preparedness and local agencies as an Instructor. JIB is a gov contractor and business consultant. We sell one retail product on Amazon.com; a family disaster kit.

Please feel free to ask me questions about FEMA or DHS regulations or guidelines. I have huge resources in planning and responding to disasters. Search and rescue, medical, terrorism attacks are all my teaching skills.

See you all around

·
Resident Disaster Expert
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope! Your right.

The FEMA funding was two tiered. It went to major metropolitan areas(and probable targets/disaster prone areas) first, then to the outlying areas. The trickle down was very minimal to "Hick" towns :p

You have to consider though, that your area will most likely not experience a man made disaster.

You have to prepare for your own local hazards that FEMA or DHS is expecting you to do.

CERT is a great example of a "Do it your self" program that you can launch to utilize the benefits of the Force-Multiplier effect. There should be some funding for CERT through the department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.