Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My loan officer, whom we've known for years tells us just yesterday..

Their biggest competition is individuals with money.

yes, people with money are now taking it out of banks and becoming a bank themselves. I have money drawing on 1/2 % interest right now....I could easily finance someone something at say 6 % and make more!

Makes sense, huh?

Just interesting....

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say good, but it seems the system could get more bogged down with civil suits from non payment.
True.

If you have collateral associated with loan, a good piece of real-estate would be the only way I personally would loan, it would be worth the civil suit and length of time to collect the property. Just some thoughts.

Don't think I would loan out for vehicles, to pay off credit cards. Etc, only tangible assets should they default.

We have a close friend who has been doing this for years. Always loaning out about 1% less than banks to people he knows or is associated with...ha, we've never "used"him, but he may become one of our investors soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bank robbers...

My loan officer, whom we've known for years tells us just yesterday..

Their biggest competition is individuals with money.

yes, people with money are now taking it out of banks and becoming a bank themselves. I have money drawing on 1/2 % interest right now....I could easily finance someone something at say 6 % and make more!

Makes sense, huh?

Just interesting....
The banks are robbers! I went to a bank to cash a check for $60 from my employer (the bank was my employer's bank, the check was written on that bank). The SOBs charged me $5 to cash the check because I did not have an account from that bank. :mad: They asked me if I wanted to start an account. I told them when they became a credit union to ask me again.

Another bank cashed a $30 check for a friend of mine that he had gotten for mowing lawns. Same deal..a check written on that bank. He had no account with them. They whacked him a $7 fee to cash it. :eek:

Credit unions rock...:congrat: regular banks suck! :(

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
The banks are robbers! I went to a bank to cash a check for $60 from my employer (the bank was my employer's bank, the check was written on that bank). The SOBs charged me $5 to cash the check because I did not have an account from that bank. :mad: They asked me if I wanted to start an account. I told them when they became a credit union to ask me again.

Another bank cashed a $30 check for a friend of mine that he had gotten for mowing lawns. Same deal..a check written on that bank. He had no account with them. They whacked him a $7 fee to cash it. :eek:

Credit unions rock...:congrat: regular banks suck! :(
That should be illegal. I get tired of everyone getting a piece of my dollar and feeling entitled to it. The guy issuing the check pays to have the ability to do that, not the person being paid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe a private organization can help the United States financially so we can get out of...oh wait, it was a private organization that got us in this mess!

DOH!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.