Interestin Match Info

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by OldCootHillbilly, Nov 27, 2010.

1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

I use a fair number a match's. Round home I keep the strike on box ones round cause the strike anywhere's er harder ta find.

Well the youngest boy smokes, so he keeps takin my box a match's out on the deck ta his smoke. Well, he still ain't learned ta bring the box back in! Twice now he's left em out there an they've got rained on, I mean soakin wet! This last time the box actually started comin apart, had ta tape it back tagether. Well, figurine I didn't have nothin ta loose, I let em dry out good an the darn things still work! I see no difference in the performance of a box that never been wet before!

Now I don't recommened doin this on purpose, but if yer match's ever get all wet, try dryin em out good before ya toss em!

2. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

That is interesting information. I have noticed that the "strike ability" of matches drops quite a bit when it gets humid (it is normally pretty dry here)
    Never paid enough attention to wether they got more "strike able" after the air dried out again. :cool: