Inflation is flat

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Clarice, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Good to know the cost of electronic gadgets are stable. I cannot afford to buy food or the fuel to cook the food. But I can still afford the Ipad or big screen TV. Oh, I forgot I can't afford the gasoline to drive to the electronics store. But don't worry, everything is coming up roses. Just stay on the yellow brick road my sheeple, the one that leads to the edge of the cliff.

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

still amazes me how priorities are set for the vast majority of people... :dunno:

3. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Not for long though ...

And I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Every once in a while I do get a glimmer of hope ... apparently Suzanne Somers thinks we need to prepare now ... Someone from another site (not a prepper site) I frequent posted this link to her blog Suzanne's Blog | Notes from Suzanne

And there has been a lot of talk lately from talking heads and .gov pundits about being prepared. It might not be much but every little bit helps IMHO.

4. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Priorities? Priorities?? Of course we the Sheeple have priorities!!! Why, on the news last night (and this morning also) they reported that this is going to be a HUGE year for dancing with the stars!!! And the island thing too, massive appearances of Hollywood stars!! Man oh Man it is going to be great. Since electronics have actually gotten cheaper recently I HAD to get the newest HUGE LCD TV. AND… I do not have to worry about gas prices, it is being delivered for free!! So you go ahead and count your little boxes of cardboard food, I’m conserving gas by ordering from Domino’s and watching TV in style. Besides, I don’t think that room… you know... the one with the refrigerator in it... has any of those things… you know…. to use for… what do you call it… cooking or something like that.

Sad but true. This is their reality, “REALITY TV”!!

5. nkjones1

nkjones1 Active Member

This is what I think is going on and going to get worse, it's called biflation. Here's a brief definition:

Daily Links: Are You Ready for Biflation?

Are You Ready for Biflation? “The term biflation is relatively new, having been introduced by an analyst named F. Osborne Brown in 2003. Like most new concepts, there is still a lot of debate over its exact definition and parameters. Simply stated, biflation is an economic environment in which inflation of commodity-based assets occurs simultaneously with deflation in debt-based assets. I’ve heard a lot of people describe it as inflation in the things we need and deflation in the things we want, or inflation in services with deflation in durables.” [Balance Junkie]

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

well... most groceries haven't really increased significantly in price until last year (I only have 10-12 years experience buying groceries tho)...

[​IMG]