Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Michigan Messenger said:
A partnership between the FBI and the private sector raised concerns this week when The Progressive magazine reported that 23,000 representatives of private companies are working with the FBI as part of a program called Infraguard.

According to the story, members of Infraguard share information with the FBI and receive confidential reports from the FBI about security threats. Some Infraguard members report being told that during martial law situations they will be allowed to "shoot to kill."

Dan Lohrmann, chief information security officer for the state of Michigan, is chairman of the Michigan Infraguard chapter and two-time past president.

Lohrmann said he's never been party to any conversations about martial law or authorization to use force.

"[Infraguard] is about working together to protect our government and businesses in ways that make sense and are pragmatic," he said. "You want to make sure that you know the players involved prior to an emergency happening. You don't want to be meeting someone for the first time during a blackout."

Lohrmann said that major activities for the Michigan chapter of Infraguard include sponsoring an annual information technology forum in Novi and the Secure World Expo in Detroit. He said the group also plans to hold a cyber security summit in Lansing this summer.

The American Civil Liberties Union has warned that Infraguard could be a corporate TIPS program that involves the private sector in spying on citizens.
Sounds to me like Big Brother has more spies in their bunker to rat out average people who are preparing ... watch out for extra questions when you purchase large quantities of food, ammo or weapons. If purchasing weapons, purchase those types of weapons that do not require registration. This looks like another reason to goto cash-only .... and if a store asks for your Zip or Postal code - fake it to some other zone ...

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Good lord, what'll be next? I don't typically give my phone number to cashiers at stores anyway, but that's a great reason not to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts