Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I think we have come up with a crazy fuel-free Solar Cooker.
Saving Fuel is a matter of survival - we wanted a fuel-free portable BBQ but didn't find anything powerful, so we started to tinker around...

We made a sunpowered BBQ, which is concentrating the heat of sunlight, no fire or fuel needed. For getting from zero to 500 F in 5 minutes, we needed a big mirror, the bigger the mirror the higher the power :)

Disadvantage: it is very heavy and not portable. But thenwe have had a cool idea: expanding upon NASA experiments we have made an ultra-durable *inflatable* mirror - it lets you have a big powerful mirror, that is lightweight, doesn't break and can be folded...
Fuel-free, powerful BBQ/cooking that fits in your backpack - what do you think?

http://www.photongrill.com/hotlink-ok/bruzzlr-photongrill-set-up.gif

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Cool idea. I'd like to see some videos of things being cooked. I wouldn't really worry about making it back packable. I wouldn't rely on something like that for a backpacking trip. But I do like that it's packable enough to be easy to add to a vehicle bugout scenario. Do some stuff with it share the experience.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Cool. Might be worth looking in to if it fits our prep budget.

Can you use it to cook other ways? Like I can put a pot of soup or stew on our grill... etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts