1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this site...

Emergency Essentials - Be Prepared Emergency Preparedness Food Storage

... has some of the best deals, and is both newb & veteran friendly

this month the Katadyn Hiker's Water Filter is only $45+S&H (normally $60), I have seen them on certain threads in other parts of the forum (cough cough) for $90! :gaah:

check em' out, if you find better prices/quality feel free to post the links in this thread because I am a CHEAP S.O.B.

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
I have found that Honeyville: Powdered Dried Whole Eggs - Freeze Dried Fruit - Blanched Almond Flour - Steel C - Home
has some things that EE doesn't. I also like their $4.49 shipping.

Augason Farm is what was once called Bluechip Group.Cereals-&-Grains

Then, theres always Walton Feed:Walton Feed

Also, some place that I just got a link to that I haven't had time to look around yet. Survival Acres :Survival Acres Dehydrated Food, Storable Food, Emergency Food, Freeze Dried Food, Dried Food, Bulk Food

And theres always LDS: https://www.ldscatalog.com/webapp/w...Anlc7FpslYerMqw//zpDmS0K&ddkey=http:ClickInfo

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
My $0.02 worth

I also like Honeyville, they send me a sale e mail most months, it's good for anybody and I've posted a couple on the forum...

I also like MREdepot.com Emergency and Distaster Preparedness Foods and Products.. I've bought canned cheese and butter from them..Redfeather is the product name.. it's not cheap but it is very good... for LTS it's a good thing to have..

I look at these items as something that I can only afford to stockpile with the idea in mind that they are for the first year of a SHTF event, after that I best be bartering for a cow and getting to providing for myself...

But as a stop gap they are great...

Like at the end of the day it makes working hard to survive so much better to walk into the BOL and smell hot bread and knowing you have butter to put on it.. makes things so much better..

Same with the stuff to make cakes and pies.. that first year will be rough so why suffer if ya don't have to...

You never have to train to be miserable ...

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sad to say we do not have any of those supplys co in the uk so ordering from us is a bit
pricey
man, that sux... I just googled "European Preparation" & all that came up was coffee & vacation sites!

·
Registered
42 Posts
i would love start something to help the uk preppers but alas no funds, its costing me every penny or cent to restock after the fire, but who knows maybe just maybe

·
Registered
88 Posts
Many versions of this sort of thing would work and some of them do not cost money, just time and computer/phone work.

Social networks in UK would let you know if a joint buying group would work, and e-mails to the US on-line suppliers would let you know if they were willing to do consignments, or some other version of maintaining retailer inventories in UK. etc. etc.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have used HOneyville and Emergency Essentials, both have very reasonable shipping and both have given great and prompt service. I do find Emergency Essentials to be more versitile and generally have better prices.
It makes sense to find these sources and subscribe to their monthly newsletter so you know when the sales are.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have used HOneyville and Emergency Essentials, both have very reasonable shipping and both have given great and prompt service. I do find Emergency Essentials to be more versitile and generally have better prices.
It makes sense to find these sources and subscribe to their monthly newsletter so you know when the sales are.
yeah, it seems to me that whenever I see 'premade BOBs' they're pretty much the EE ones with a 50%-100% markup... :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.