Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... although I've only been gone a few days.

I've been at Bucknell University for the PIAA state swimming championship since Thursday and got home late last night.
This year I had both girls make it to states.

In her first state competition, Meghan, the youngest, a sophomore, was bumped out in the first round but she considered that possibility going in to it. She was just thrilled to have made it to states. She has two more years to make her mark.

Katelyn lost her 50 free title that she's held for 2 years :( but in the 400 free relay, a four girl team which she anchors, they set a new state record in the morning prelims and then went on to break it again in the finals Sat. evening. It also broke the national record by 0.5 second. So Hershey now holds the national title for the fastest 400yd free relay.
The entire natatorium was on pins and needles as Katelyn made her final turn and it looked like the national title was within reach. When the board lit up with the time, not just the Hershey parents but the entire place was pandemonium. The girls got a full 5 minute standing ovation from the 3000 spectators.
This was her last high school event. She will start swimming for Penn State U. this fall. In fact the entire relay team is going to Penn State. Could be interesting.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Wow! Congratulations to both girls!!! You should be one Proud Poppa!!!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Sounds like Penn State is going to have one heck of a swim team come fall. :2thumb:

Look forward to hearing about how they do. :D

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Give them our best and our congratulations... they've both earned it. :congrat::congrat::congrat:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Wow, cool! Great to hear about it, UncleJoe! Tell them congratulations!

:)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
UncleJoe, congrats to the girls -- and to you and AuntJoe for supporting them. Wow! States!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks and welcome back to you. Haven't seen you for a while.

This was Katelyn's third and final year at states, Now it's on to collegiate. The competition really heats up now.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
That's great Joe !! I know your proud!! good luck to the girls inthe future!!
HB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts