Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now ... I have never had to use the ignore list on any forum before ... will this block members from sending me "PM" and telling me "I sound very smart but have it all wrong" :gaah: If you get my drift...

And maybe I should just ask the mod's but we do have this area ??? Don't know ... to be honest ... just a bit on the ticked side right now ...

So maybe I will put it this way ... a member made a post and I reply ... The 'member' does not care for my views and starts to send 'PM's' On my views and well lets say they don't see where I come from ...

Yes ... I know I'm a odd person out, no problem there ... but how do I stop the PM's ...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Now ... I have never had to use the ignore list on any forum before ... will this block members from sending me "PM" and telling me "I sound very smart but have it all wrong" :gaah: If you get my drift...

And maybe I should just ask the mod's but we do have this area ??? Don't know ... to be honest ... just a bit on the ticked side right now ...

So maybe I will put it this way ... a member made a post and I reply ... The 'member' does not care for my views and starts to send 'PM's' On my views and well lets say they don't see where I come from ...

Yes ... I know I'm a odd person out, no problem there ... but how do I stop the PM's ...
Andi
Since they want privacy, copy and post their comments in the open forum with your thoughts about somebody hiding behind the PM wall.... just my thoughts on it...
Unless it was me!! :D:D:D:beercheer: naa I know it wasn't.. if I thought you were wrong about something in open forum I'd tell you..IN open forum..

But the Mods might not like my ideas.. I do have some issues with my POV..:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ... I did think about that but some boards I have been on 'don't think you should post 'PM's' to an open forum ???' something about something else and so on ... I have never gave the member an answer on pm I always gave it back in open forum ... but this members keeps coming back pm's

Just not sure how to handle a 'net person' like this ...

Thanks again ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Best thing if you're having a problem is to PM the mods. Let them know what's going on, and whether you're just advising them of a situation or wanting them to intervene, or what you hope to see done to resolve it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
No one should air the wash in the open. It can be done fine in a priviate mail room. I ain't smart but i gots opinions, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys ... For now I will Ignore this person ... :D

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
I Gotta ask...

Hey Andi:

Do those emails look anything like this one to me?

"As a courtesy, I gotta ask...

You wrote:

From what I've seen of your posts you're long on theory and short on action.

Now that's a direct quote.

Are you living some post apocalyptic fantasy?

It's ALL THEORETICAL RIGHT NOW, unless you are currently undergoing some major disaster in Montana that none of us have heard about.

This is REALITY.

Again, I've got news. If preparedness and survivalism is no 'theory' for you right now, you're doing life wrong. MAJOR FAIL.

Don't be offended, but I'm sure I'm not the first to note that you're not the brightest Crayon in the box. You have some serious problems with abstract thought, basic terminology, semantics and, well, reality."

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL ...

So you are getting them also ... I went with the Ignore list and a few changes to my pm box. (I hope I didn't screw anything up :eek:)

·
3,698 Posts
No ignores or blocks for him. If he can't take the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen.

I dont' expect everyone to agree with me on everything and I love the interaction with people who can teach and learn. I sure don't know it all. However I have little patience for those with oversize egos.

One of the most illuminating moments in my life occured in a GM dealership years ago. We (the three of us who'd been mechanics for over ten years) asked a young guy how he got the rear parking brake cables off so fast on a recall campaign we were doing. He told us how and said he'd read the service manual. This "youngster" taught all of us "old salts" a lesson that day. Always listen to the ideas of others ... even (maybe especially?) those you think know less than you do. Usually its when you think you know it all that you trip over your own ego.

Despite what the person in question has told you, if your opinion wasn't respected you wouldn't be on this part of the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again...

I guess I just got a little 'ticked' after the first few pm's.( It just hit me wrong.) I'm also here to learn and have NO problem with people that do something different ... (I have been told I was odd/strange by more then a few people) ... don't bother me ... If we were all alike it would be a very dull place

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I agree with you, andi. We should be able to talk about our different ideas about and means of prepping without dissention. We're all from different back grounds, we all live in different locales, we all have different things we anticipate in the future, and different ways of dealing with them.

You may need things I won't, and I may deal with situations you never will, etc.

It doesn't mean any one of us are wrong to think a certain thing is important to our preps, but we should be able to handle it if we're the only ones who think that.

And we should be able to say so without being jumped on. I haven't received one of the PMs but I've seen the person in question say on the forum that if you don't agree with him or live the way he perceives as the right way, then you're a total fail. Hmmm.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Yea Andi
best to handle it like they all said.. My way is always to toss in a grenade followed with shooting anybody still kicking... in normal life this is a no no...:D

( But psssst, it's more fun then the goody two shoes approach :sssh:)

·
3,698 Posts
Yea Andi
best to handle it like they all said.. My way is always to toss in a grenade followed with shooting anybody still kicking... in normal life this is a no no...:D

( But psssst, it's more fun then the goody two shoes approach :sssh:)
Anyone still kicking!!!? Was the grenade made in China or what? :gaah:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
*Andi - you can put anyone on your ignore list that bothers you and you are more than welcome to "forward" any PM's that you feel are unwelcome to me and I can deal with it for you.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Anyone still kicking!!!? Was the grenade made in China or what? :gaah:
Hey, they never get everybody.. so why take chances..unless there is a reporter with you...lol

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*Andi - you can put anyone on your ignore list that bothers you and you are more than welcome to "forward" any PM's that you feel are unwelcome to me and I can deal with it for you.
Thanks ... I will do that ...

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
PMing like that is harassment & seems to be a violation of the terms of service of this forum

I'm sure the admins can handle it for you

·
3,698 Posts
At least he's not a zoomtard...you know,one of those jerks who clicks "send"300 times....
Hmmm! ... never thoght of that one! :ignore:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.