Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving my horses 5-way vaccine and rabies shots (rabies for the cat and dog, too) today when my youngest horse, a spirited filly fidgeted and bumped my elbow just as I was taking the needle guard off. The trajectory was just right -- I injected the knuckle of my left middle finger with horse Vaccine. Well, I guess I won't come down with Eastern/Western/Venezuela encephalitis, tetanus, or West Nile anytme soon!:)

So, if I start raving about how good the grass is at my place, y'all will know why! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
:lolsmash::lolsmash::lolsmash:

*Andi needs to clean the beer of the PC ... :eek: Well ... horseman09, first OUCH then I guess you are now up to date on your shots!:2thumb:

Oh the things that can happen ...

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I was giving my horses 5-way vaccine and rabies shots (rabies for the cat and dog, too) today when my youngest horse, a spirited filly fidgeted and bumped my elbow just as I was taking the needle guard off. The trajectory was just right -- I injected the knuckle of my left middle finger with horse Vaccine. Well, I guess I won't come down with Eastern/Western/Venezuela encephalitis, tetanus, or West Nile anytme soon!:)

So, if I start raving about how good the grass is at my place, y'all will know why! :eek:
Oh my ,hope your ok.:eek:.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Just take 2 sugar cubes and you'll be fine by morning.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Would you like us to bring a mineral block along in Sept? :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WEEEEeeeeeee. stomp stomp :)

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Lay in a good supply a carrots!:D

·
803 Posts
Does it qualiy you for a set of tags.....:p:D

And please tell us is the grass really greener on the other side.....

Jimmy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Better run (I mean gallop) away if they try to shoe you! :eek:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Awwww.... quit horsin' around!! :D

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
If your hand starts to swell up and turn green, I guess that will make you a Horse Of A Different Color. :eek:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
This thread is sooo punny!

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Horseman.........thanks for all the entertaining reading..... Last time I listened with this much amusement to a talking horse it was Mr. Ed...........there I dun it..........added another sad pun about your misfortune...guess we can really be grateful you weren't branding !! ( or doing any other delicate procedures) :dunno:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Horseman.........thanks for all the entertaining reading..... Last time I listened with this much amusement to a talking horse it was Mr. Ed...........there I dun it..........added another sad pun about your misfortune...guess we can really be grateful you weren't branding !! ( or doing any other delicate procedures) :dunno:
Like castration??? LOL I couldnt help that either! :lolsmash::lolsmash:

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts

In the knuckle sounds painful? Was there swelling?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the knuckle sounds painful? Was there swelling?
Sheesh! You guys show no mercy! :)

Dean, the top of the knuckle had a bump about the size of a pea. It was aichy and today is still a little red and sore to the touch. The syringes come pre-loaded with vaccine and they are not graduated with the dosage amount -- ya just inject the whole syringe (preferably into a freakin' HORSE! :eek:). I'm guessing the total loaded dose is about 3 mls. for full-grown horses and I'm guestimating I got about 1/8 ml. in my knuckle.

At least I didn't poke myself with the rabies syringe.

Kind of interesting -- for whatever reason -- last night and much of today I was absolutely exhausted, but slowly coming back to normal now. I'm wondering if my body was cranking out the antibodies in a normal vaccine response. All joking aside, I'd be curious to know if I really will have some protection from any human encephalitis diseases or West Nile. :dunno:

Well, I see some oats in my trough, so i guess I'd better go. Dinner time. :lolsmash::lolsmash::lolsmash:

PS......Maybe at midnight on the next full moon I will turn into a fiery-eyed rampaging horse, terrorizing the villagers?:D There is a movie in the making here , folks.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Sheesh! You guys show no mercy! :)

Dean, the top of the knuckle had a bump about the size of a pea. It was aichy and today is still a little red and sore to the touch. The syringes come pre-loaded with vaccine and they are not graduated with the dosage amount -- ya just inject the whole syringe (preferably into a freakin' HORSE! :eek:). I'm guessing the total loaded dose is about 3 mls. for full-grown horses and I'm guestimating I got about 1/8 ml. in my knuckle.

At least I didn't poke myself with the rabies syringe.

Kind of interesting -- for whatever reason -- last night and much of today I was absolutely exhausted, but slowly coming back to normal now. I'm wondering if my body was cranking out the antibodies in a normal vaccine response. All joking aside, I'd be curious to know if I really will have some protection from any human encephalitis diseases or West Nile. :dunno:

Well, I see some oats in my trough, so i guess I'd better go. Dinner time. :lolsmash::lolsmash::lolsmash:

PS......Maybe at midnight on the next full moon I will turn into a fiery-eyed rampaging horse, terrorizing the villagers?:D There is a movie in the making here , folks.
LOL,hope it won't hurt you.Maybe you will be protected now that you've innoculated yourself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hay with meatballs and sgetti sauce might sound good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts