Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time when King Arthur was still a young king there was an old farmer. This old farmer was a patient old man having raised his children and had his children had their children. Anyway, this old farmer had quite a few horses. A couple of horses were young and full of energy. A couple of horses were older, but they were strong for pulling equipment through the fields and finally, there was the farmer's oldest horse. This horse had been with the farmer for many years and was looking just as ragged as the old farmer, but, his heart was strong, his hooves always had fresh shoes and he had the run of the back field. Any time the old farmer asked that old horse to help out around the farm, he was always willing.

A visitor from over yonder-way was walking past that back pasture where that old horse was enjoying a day in the sun and saw the horse wasn't being used to pull a cart or ridden or anything. That visitor walked up to the old farmer and said that he knew a person whose horse had died the week before and that this person didn't have enough gold to buy another horse to replace the one that he lost. This stranger to the farmer offered to buy the horse to give to this other person.

The poor old farmer didn't know what to say, that old horse had been with him a long time. The strange visitor from over yonder-way insisted that the old farmer take several pieces of silver for that horse and that there will be a piece of gold added to the purse when the horse was given to the new owner.

The farmer agreed.

The new owner showed up and looked at the horse. "He will eat too much, I can't afford to feed him." The old farmer replied that the old horse eats just like any other horse. "He is really old, I don't know if I want to take care of an old horse." The farmer insisted that the old horse still had alot of life in him, work him easy and the old horse will continue to pull a cart. The new owner looked at the horse's hooves and commented that there were new shoes, but, new shoes don't make a young strong horse. Then the new owner looked in the horse's mouth and said that he was getting a little long in the tooth. That was the end of the deal. The old farmer's grandfather always said "Never look a gift-horse in the mouth."

The old farmer didn't know what to do. Here he sold his horse for silver and one piece of gold and the new owner didn't want to take the horse with him. It seemed the new owner just wanted that strange-visitor's silver and gold and didn't really want a good work-horse with a great temperment.

The old farmer sent the new owner on his way and contacted the strange-visitor with the big heart. "Here is your silver and gold. Do with it as you please as the gift was refused. I want no part of this transaction, I will keep my old horse, you keep your coin and as far as the other guy, he is only reaping what he is sowing. He is sowing nothing, he will reap nothing."

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason behind this story

On another forum that I am on, there is a member who is on something called AISH. AISH is something that is needed, but, for some reason, all the people I have met that are on AISH feel that everyone owes them something.

Anyway, the forum-members heard that his vehicle died from him asking for some cheap (free) transportation - something under $500. I commented to him that a $500 vehicle is not worth buying to drive, it is only good for parts. I also commented that I had a truck that I had tried to sell in the local classifieds and only got loosers responding to it.

So, the good folks on the forum decided to get together and buy my truck from me and give it to this AISH recipient. Buddy showed up with his brother and nephew to take the truck away. He said that he didn't want the truck as it uses too much fuel, didn't want the truck because it isn't 4x4, didn't want the truck because it would cost too much for insurance, didn't want the truck because .... and it went on and on.

I feel that Buddy only wants the money. His brother wants him to have a "cheap" car that is front-wheel-drive. Oh ya, his brother drives a $70,000 truck (Chev 1-ton crew-cab, 4x4, leather, etc).

In this case, I want to return the money to all the people who put in $20, $50, $100 and let them decide if they want to forward their money to this forum-member. I want no part of someone who is like this ..

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Kida reminds me of people in NO sitting on the curb waiting for somebody to come take care of them and when somebody came along and offered cold water they asked for pop instead... MRE's weren't good enough for them ,they needed McD's .. free sandwiches weren't good nuff they still wanted McD's... so the gov gave them debit cards worth $2000... many used them to buy dope.. one young lady got bigger boobs.. and we got blamed for all their problems.. I say it's time to tie off the suger tit.. get up and get a job or starve while you vote for the Dim o craps...

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I would like to say this is the first time I've heard something like this ... :( ... but it is not. (sad to say.)

I agree with you ... return the money to all the people ... and let them decide.

Also like you, I would want no part of someone who is like this ...

Sad times ... my friends ... sad times.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Coming from a guy on SSI and stamps,I'd love to go back to work,but once your medical records circulate a few years,you might as well forget it.

Anyway,it all comes from attitude,I paid in on it,its mine,so gimmie.I'm good as long as I eat,I can make my own damned hamburgers,F**k McDees.
I have a well most months of the year, F**k bottled water.I have the internet,I don't want or need a big screen TV or a satellite dish.I buy my clothes at family dollar,I don't need modern fashions.hell,I mostly wear army surplus.

What I need is the government to leave me alone until I drop dead,then they can cremate me.Just let me have my cigarettes,my junk food,guns and video games,I'll die early and they can stop paying me to be useless, but meanwhile,leave me the hell alone!I'm a big boy now,I don't need Michelle telling me what to eat and how much,I don't need them telling me cigarettes are bad for me,I could figure that out coughing up my lungs every morning,and don't whine at me for getting drunk oh queen of DC!my life sucks,and I need a break ever so often,and looking at what her husband is doing to the country I grew up in,I think I need another one! :nuts:

Meh,sorry for the off topic rant.good story man,just magnified what I've been feeling lately.:eek:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I've seen similar things happen. It makes me shake my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts