I wish the radio still played music like this!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by OldFashionedMama, Jul 30, 2010.

1. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1AuRcEFckw&feature=related]YouTube - Fred Waring Orch. - Lets Have Another Cup Of Coffee[/ame]

Reminds me of things like my Grandpa's Packard Clipper and a photograph of my Grandma at 17 wearing a 40's bathing suit. Ah the good old days...

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

What a lovely trip down memory lane! Thank you, OFM!

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Wow, thank you for that! That reminds me of sitting with my Pop-Pop in the evenings listening to the old records on the Victrola. One of the last times my Grandmother was home (and coherent) we sat with her listening to Jolson on the same Victrola with my daughter and Mom.

4. OldFashionedMama

I like this version too. It was used in Paper Moon. I don't know why it's labeled the way it is-Irving Berlin wrote the song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvLVpPTYEc]YouTube - "Let's Have Another Cup O' Coffee" (1932) Phil Spitalny[/ame]

5. mdprepper

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

7. OldFashionedMama

Thanks UncleJoe! I guess the "radio" does still play good music. My mom had satellite radio in her old car, had just about every kind of music there is. I particularly enjoyed the 30's hillbilly bluegrass channel :D

8. mdprepper

Very cool UncleJoe. Thanks for the great link!

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I will often times have another tab open with "my" station playing in the background.
    Playing right now; The Hollies