I was interviewed for a podcast

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by paulwheaton, Feb 2, 2011.

1. paulwheaton

paulwheaton Member

So I blather on for 90 minutes about permaculture, eco building,
    rocket mass heaters, hugelkultur, raising chickens (and other animals)
    in a paddock shift system, and lots more.

Podcast is something I don't really understand, but the guy says that
    20,000 people will listen to this in one day. Yowza.

Paul Wheaton from Permies.com on Permaculture, Hugelkultur, Survival Housing and More | The Survival Podcast

Maybe people load this sort of thing in their mp3 players and listen
    to it when they commute or something.

Well, if nothing else, I kinda feel like I did an okay job of giving
    an overview of a lot of permaculture stuff in 90 minutes.

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

pretty much, yeah, that's what most do...

:2thumb: :congrat: :2thumb: to you tho, maybe you can be a regular

3. paulwheaton

paulwheaton Member

Well, the feedback so far seems really positive. But maybe there is positive feedback for all the shows.

How many hours do you spend listening to podcasts in a day or week? I guess I always just thought that this was something hardly anybody did.

4. ReconCraftTheta

ReconCraftTheta WWII Reanctor/Architecture Student

That's really cool! I'll have to check it out man, congrats!

5. ublinkd

ublinkd New Member

Paul,

I have been listening to Jack since he first started and I will have to say you are one of the top five episodes! Your episode is the one of the few I have listened to more than once just because there is so much information packed in it! I hope you do become a regular and thanks for sharing with the TSP community.

Art in VA

6. paulwheaton

paulwheaton Member

Wow! That's mighty high praise considering there is something like 600 episodes! Thanks!

Well, I know that so far, the show has resulted in the following:

1) somebody made a fan page for me on facebook.

2) 150 people are now fans.

3) The traffic to my web sites saw a bump of thousands of people.

4) I have been getting gobs of awesome response.

So - yeah, I think doing the show again would be great! If nothing else, it has been a big ego boost. And now I'm in the world of podcasting and I didn't have to do any work! :)

7. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

Yep! I spend nearly 2 hours a day on the road. That's where I get most of my "reading" done, books on CD, MP3, etc. are my constant companion. Downloading this now to listen to on my way in to work.:2thumb:

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Paul, that's really awesome! You have so much experience and really good information to offer, and my life was already made easier by some of your videos! (things like threshing wheat in a 5-gallon bucket with a drill!)

Glad to hear you did the podcast!

9. BillM

BillM BillM

Very Cool

Very cool Paul

10. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

I just updated my podcasts today and noticed the "Permies.com" in the subject... although I usually listen during my work commutes so I haven't heard it yet but look forward to doing so.

Think of a podcast as the same as a radio show, except instead of having to tune in at a specific time you can listen to it when you want to. I listen to usually an hour to an hour and a half of them a day on average.

11. Sonnyjim

Sonnyjim Prepping

Paul, keep up the podcasts, keep up the videos. I know this sounds creepy but I had a dream about your Rocket Mass Heaters. I just saw your recent one, and it's a great concept. Do you have any contacts in Ontario Canada that are into RMH's? If you do let me know or send PM if you get the chance. Keep up the good work.