Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. The individual states (The Constitution does not grant the feds the power to do this, thank God) should provide free tubal ligations and vasectomies plus a $1000 bonus to anyone over 18 who wants to take advantage of of this govt freebie.............providing...........they sign a statement swearing they will never use public or insurance funds to reverse the procedure.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Here's the deal. The individual states (The Constitution does not grant the feds the power to do this, thank God) should provide free tubal ligations and vasectomies plus a $1000 bonus to anyone over 18 who wants to take advantage of of this govt freebie.............providing...........they sign a statement swearing they will never use public or insurance funds to reverse the procedure.
That's not fair. We already have ours done. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I don't recall which state did this, but a friend told me that a welfare recipient was penalized each time she had a child by having her check reduced...an incentive to take those pills...:congrat:

·
The end is extremely nigh
105 Posts
Free vasectomy? I'm up for that. There's already enough people in this world, too many orphans to boot. Stop making new babies and help empty the orphanages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good idea in theory

A lot (if not most) private insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare, will not pay for reversal of sterilization already.

And the operation may be free to the recipients but who will pay the providers, hospitals and for the supplies? And good luck finding practitioners that will actually perform the operation for people that don't have any kids at all, less than 2 kids or are under a certain age (usually 30). I have personal experience and have met many women that have wanted tubal ligation and were turned downed, dissuaded or referred elsewhere because either they don't have kids or are "too young", with private and public insurance.

Personally, I think any man that is more than a year behind in child support payments, a repeat offender for any crime and anyone that has had any of their children taken away by the state or given to relatives for abuse should be sterilized.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I think any man that is more than a year behind in child support payments, a repeat offender for any crime and anyone that has had any of their children taken away by the state or given to relatives for abuse should be sterilized.
I would never support state-forced sterilization (castration) except for convicted sex offenders. And that, of course, was not my proposal.

But your suggestion of sterilizing a man because he lost his job? Hmmmm. Perhaps we could reincarnate Dr. Mengele to do the job?

But to continue you line of thought, why didn't you mention forced steriliztion of women who can't keep their legs shut? You know -- the gals who have 3, 4, 5 sometimes more kids to any one of dozens of different men?

This should make for an interesting discussion. :)

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
unfortunately irresponsible people would not be inclined to take advantage of a free program like that, if something of that nature were to come about IMHO it would just speed the downspiral into an 'idiocracy'

·
Afraid, very afraid
145 Posts
unfortunately irresponsible people would not be inclined to take advantage of a free program like that, if something of that nature were to come about IMHO it would just speed the downspiral into an 'idiocracy'
:2thumb:

You are correct, it is not to their, the professional welfare recepient's, advantage. The more babies they have the more they collect.

JayJay, good idea, but I believe wishful thinking, If there is such as state I'm sure the ACLU would shut it down. :scratch

·
Shoots to Thrill
125 Posts

YouTube - "Idiocracy" introduction - the future of human evolution
First time I saw this movie, I thought it was funny but stupid. Over the past few years, it seems less and less like comedy and more like our future, if current trends continue. Sadly, we resemble that movie more every day...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blob, you said, "Unfortunately irresponsible people would not be inclined to take advantage of a free program like that, if something of that nature were to come about IMHO it would just speed the downspiral into an 'idiocracy'"

I'm sure there's no chance of a voluntary sterilization plus a reward ever getting anywhere, but it would target the group of people -- above all the rest -- who should never have kids: drug abusers.

Would hard-core druggies take a thousand bucks just to get fixed? Yup. They don't want kids anyhow. Of most importance, they won't be having drug damaged babies, one after the other.

But as I said, no chance of it going anywhere in this PC world. Let's just fund more giveaway programs and buy them more clean syringes :( -- so they can make more babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts