Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never paid any attention to NASCAR, but I might now.

President Trump on Monday praised NASCAR after several team owners said they wouldn't tolerate racers protesting during the national anthem.

"So proud of NASCAR and its supporters and fans," Trump tweeted.

"They won't put up with disrespecting our Country or our Flag - they said it loud and clear!"

Several NASCAR team owners said Sunday they wouldn't condone racers protesting during the national anthem.

Former NASCAR champion Richard Petty told The Associated Press that any member of his team would be fired if they chose to protest the national anthem. Petty now owns Richard Petty Motorsports.

On Sunday, NFL players across the country took part in protests and shows of solidarity during their games after Trump attacked players who refuse to stand during the national anthem.

On Sunday, Trump ramped up his attacks, tweeting that if NFL fans refuse to go to games until players "stop disrespecting" the country's flag and country, "you will see change take place fast."

Trump also called for the NFL to change its policy, adding that fans shouldn't condone players who don't stand proudly for the national anthem.
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nascar-wont-put-up-with-disrespecting-us-flag

·
Banned
343 Posts
Yeah, my football watching games are over. The udder disrespect for.the American Flag, who thousands were killed to protect, is intolerable and should be criminal.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This was a couple of team owners and not NASCAR.
NASCAR rolled over for the PC crowd long ago.
I used to watch racing like a religion but will not support them ever again.
As for all other pro sports they can all go out of business.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well this might not be 'all' of NASCAR but after attending several races, I can tell you that NASCAR as a whole is very PRO-American. Lots of American flags fly along with drivers flags.....lots and lots of red, white, and blue. I've never gone to any other sports event that shows as much respect to the flag and to veterans. The fly overs after the anthem are typically fighter jets and always get a big cheer from the crowd. I have never witnessed any driver or team not stand tall for the anthem.....not once in over 15 years of going to the races. I sincerely hope that doesn't change or my nascar days will be over and quite frankly, nascar simply can't afford to lose any more fans.

Last year the crowd was very anti-Hillary and pro-Trump. It was then that I thought Trump would have a chance of winning. This summer there wasn't much political stuff there.....thankfully. I'm there to have fun, not talk politics.

A lot of people think of nascar fans as a bunch of "red necks" but I'll tell you one thing.....they know what and who got us here and it's impossible not to feel true American pride when going to a race! Even though we have lots of different favorite drivers, you still get the "we're all in this together" feeling, which is so refreshing in this day in age. It's so sad that American pride is taking a beating. Who would've ever thought that would happen??? I'm just so sad, disheartened, disappointed, and angry at these "people" who don't respect our flag. It's just ignorant!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It may be time for a switch...big Pats fan, but I am disgusted after this past weekend when some players kneeled. I expected more. Watching that crap makes literally sick to my stomach. Punk ass brats just trying to get heard...not entirely sure what they want to say, but want to be heard just the same. The fact that Pittsburgh even still has Tomlin on the payroll is disgusting.
If nothing else, this is eye opening in so far as understanding just how messed up our country is... I am so disappointed

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Well this might not be 'all' of NASCAR but after attending several races, I can tell you that NASCAR as a whole is very PRO-American. Lots of American flags fly along with drivers flags.....lots and lots of red, white, and blue. I've never gone to any other sports event that shows as much respect to the flag and to veterans. The fly overs after the anthem are typically fighter jets and always get a big cheer from the crowd. I have never witnessed any driver or team not stand tall for the anthem.....not once in over 15 years of going to the races. I sincerely hope that doesn't change or my nascar days will be over and quite frankly, nascar simply can't afford to lose any more fans.

Last year the crowd was very anti-Hillary and pro-Trump. It was then that I thought Trump would have a chance of winning. This summer there wasn't much political stuff there.....thankfully. I'm there to have fun, not talk politics.

A lot of people think of nascar fans as a bunch of "red necks" but I'll tell you one thing.....they know what and who got us here and it's impossible not to feel true American pride when going to a race! Even though we have lots of different favorite drivers, you still get the "we're all in this together" feeling, which is so refreshing in this day in age. It's so sad that American pride is taking a beating. Who would've ever thought that would happen??? I'm just so sad, disheartened, disappointed, and angry at these "people" who don't respect our flag. It's just ignorant!
I have also been to several NASCAR races and you are right.
The fans are loyal Americans.
NASCAR management is where I have a problem.
They have ruined racing for me and a lot of others.
With banning the Confederate battle flag to promoting minorities and women with no regard to their ability.
Danica would never have gotten a ride if she were a man.
By the way the Military pays NASCAR to do those fly overs.
Jr. made a comment supporting the football players kneeling and I would be he hears a lot more boos this weekend than he ever has.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have also been to several NASCAR races and you are right.
The fans are loyal Americans.
NASCAR management is where I have a problem.
They have ruined racing for me and a lot of others.
With banning the Confederate battle flag to promoting minorities and women with no regard to their ability.
Danica would never have gotten a ride if she were a man.
By the way the Military pays NASCAR to do those fly overs.
Jr. made a comment supporting the football players kneeling and I would be he hears a lot more boos this weekend than he ever has.
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to management. I think they should have stayed out of the whole Confederate flag discussion entirely as there is no way to win. As far as Danica.....I think that had more to do with money than her gender. I've heard that her brand sells well to the younger generations....especially little girls. I have no problem with it. There's lots of other drivers who can't seem to be competitive either and they seem to stay in the mix. If a car owner wants to waste money on sponsoring a poorly performing driver....then so be it....it's capitalism at work. Look at Jr.....he's not an outstanding driver yet he is always the #1 seller of goods, which is why he's stayed in it for so long....b/c he generated revenue....not b/c he was particularly talented.

Yeah, I heard Jr.s comments. I'm shaking my head at that one. He should've just kept his pie hole shut, but whatever. It's great that we live in such a great nation as to be able to act like a moron in public if you so choose.....just b/c you can, doesn't mean you should. Even with nascar, there's not a whole lot of drivers (none that I know of) or probably even owners who have served our country. They are rich puppets just like athletes and celebrities that are far removed from the everyday realities of the middle class. However, I think they are more in the company of those who have served. When you haven't served or know someone close to you who has, then perhaps it's easier to disrespect the flag? I don't really know on that one since I have served, so that is just a guess on my part. I just think NASCAR fans will be much less tolerant of disrespect to our flag. NASCAR just can't afford to alienate the current fan base.....b/c it's getting to be less and less every year as the bare bleachers show. They'd better be careful with this one!

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think what NASCAR should do is let the winner of the last race gets to use his regular car, but everyone else has to drive souped up police cars. Whoever catches the regular car wins and gets to be the "bad guy" the following race. We can call it NASCAR Hot Pursuit! I would watch that for sure.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I think they should go back to their roots and run what they drove to the track.
Maybe add a roll cage,maybe not.
Lee Petty drove the family to a race and his engine broke before they got there.
So he rented a car and raced that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It may be time for a switch...big Pats fan, but I am disgusted after this past weekend when some players kneeled. I expected more. Watching that crap makes literally sick to my stomach. Punk ass brats just trying to get heard...not entirely sure what they want to say, but want to be heard just the same. The fact that Pittsburgh even still has Tomlin on the payroll is disgusting.
If nothing else, this is eye opening in so far as understanding just how messed up our country is... I am so disappointed
Ya i figured bilichick would come unraveled on them if they did that. Guess not...

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Watching cars go in circles is sounding better and better. This guy sums up my feelings pretty well...

·
Void where Prohibited
747 Posts
I am not a fan of sports whatsoever, although I do have some ideas to make a few sports a bit more exciting.

Growing up my friends and I used to drive out to the stock car races occasionally on Sat nights.

To me, that was fun.
Guys racing, who wrenched on their own cars after hours at night, then raced them on the weekend.

And you just couldn't beat the highlight of the night, the figure 8 race.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was really just joking, I could never be a NASCAR fan. Too each his/her own, but I have sat through a few races with friends and it was as boring to me as watching golf or tennis. I love football and have since 3rd grade when I started playing pee-wee football in full pads. But am not watching until they get their you-know-what together. The only other non-shooting sport that interests me is hockey so we have been watching that instead.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Well, looks like the NFL commish...just gave the greenlight to the protesters to go ahead and disrespect and dishonor ...our fallen heros , our Flag, our Anthem, and most americans...:brickwall::mad:

SAD ..

Jim

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Goodell has been a piece of crap since the day they hired him. Which is of course the exact reason why they hired him. He is relentless in the pursuit of money for the league and team owners. He will lie, cheat, manipulate, screw over and destroy to keep the flow of cash coming in and simultaneously accept all the blame so the real money makers can hide in the shadows. Even then his salary in 2014 was over $34,100,000 because of it. Imagine what the league and the owners are making if they are paying their mouthpiece that kind of money. Hopefully the NFL continues to lose revenue until they feel forced to make the changes that need to be made, but even if only 55-60% of NFL fans keep watching, buying tickets, buying jerseys, etc. they are still making a ton of money.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
At one time,

It was fun being a fan/follower of a team and celebrating wins , and makin excuses about losing.:D

Arguing with our family and friends about our :)rolleyes:) teams.:partydance:

It ain't fun anymore.:mad:

History for me.

Jim

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
HAHAHAHA This is funny.... because I can't think of one racer or team who would protest the national anthem anyway.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HAHAHAHA This is funny.... because I can't think of one racer or team who would protest the national anthem anyway.
Other than perhaps Dale Earnhardt, Jr. who has publicly supported the anthem protesters already claiming it is their right (which it is not). Does not mean he would actually do it but it doesn't mean he wouldn't either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts