I have to share this

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Diego2112, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Diego2112

Diego2112 Well-Known Member

It's just so friggin CUTE!

My daughter is 20 months old. Her favorite musician is Bob Dylan. Her favorite show is M*A*S*H. She will not go to bed if M*A*S*H is not playing (good thing we have the DVD set! :D).

Her favorite song is Led Zeppelin's "D'yer Mak'er." She calles it "Oh oh." She sings along with it all the time, or just breaks into singing it at any random point in the day. Her favorite part is when Robert Plant starts singing "oh, bay... be... Bay... BE!", and she sings it EXACT when he does.

She is now on her 5th playthroug (in a row) of it. When it ends, she will look at her mother or me, and say "Oh oh, Peeese!!!"

It's the cutest thing EVER (NEXT to when she figured out how to take apart Oreo cookies and eat JUST THE CREAM!)!

(and as we're watching "Goodbye Radar (part one)," the generator just blew up, and she said "uh-oh..." her mom asked "what?"... her answer? "BOOM!" She CAN talk quite well. She just chooses NOT to... Devious little thang, that! :2thumb:)

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

That's so cute! It sounds like your daughter is totally adorable!

3. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

My little girl is 2, and she is known as the "diva" or "queen bee" at daycare. Her little attitude is adorable, but boy is she stubborn sometimes! She loves to eat cheese, and one day she saw me putting some english stilton on crackers and started pointing and whining at me. So, I let her try some....guess who doesn't want her cheddar string cheese anymore? She's my little foodie :D My 4 year old is practically vegan and prefers only to eat fresh fruit and trail mix. He goes through 3lb bags of apples every week, 1 pint of blueberries, who knows how many oranges-I lost count. This is also the child who thinks he is a raccoon and draws "whiskers" on his face and "stripes" on his legs with markers. The only meat he likes is BBQ ribs at Golden Corral. :rolleyes: His older brother is the only somewhat-normal eater in the family, more of a meat and potatoes/burger and fries type of kid.

Kids are awesome, I think. I love it when someone wakes up at 2am and startles me out of a dead sleep just to say "Mommy I love you, can I have a kiss?" Or walking into the bathroom to find water everywhere and be told "Look mommy we're being whales! This is the ocean!" (actually that one isn't so funny...at least the 60+ year old grout on the tile floor doesn't think so...)

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Awww, OFM, your kids sound adorable too! It's so fun to see the different personalities our kids have, even as siblings with the same parents! No two of ours were alike!

My 4-year old grandson thinks he's a prince who is going to save a princess! After our daughter helps him dress in the morning he puts on a batman cape from a Halloween costume and gets his plastic sword, in case he has to save a princess from a dragon!

Thanks, you guys, for the posts about your children! With all our prepping and watching what's going on in the world I found it delightful to read these posts!

5. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I love all the stories!! Little ones have such a way of making things so wonderful don't they!
    I am a gramma with a 2 year old Grand daughter who spent the day with me yesterday as the other grandpa had to have some surgery and they didn't want to have her at the hospital all day- What a wonderful day we had! But this gramma was pooped out by the time they picked her up!
    And Diego- don't worry about the talking thing--my GD hardly ever really speaks and then usually it it is "AMMMA! and that exasperated look is in her eyes" lol She can talk when she wants too, she is just picky on who she speaks too!:D
    My own son was fond of his red baseball cap and his blanky cape- had someone try to talk down to me for letting him out in public wearing it and I then pointed out "Humm, he's the only child in the market not screaming and being a PITA. I think I can deal with that" after that she just smiled and said "I see you're right, maybe we can talk the other parents into putting capes on their kids too" Totally changed her mind on what is appropriate shopping attire.. lol:D
    And look how cute they are! Just chilling out in the back yard on the blanky--
    [​IMG]
    P/S that little mark on her face is a birthmark, but it always looks like someone just whacked her one! lol

6. Diego2112

OFM, your 4 year old reminds me of my 7 year old nephew, except your son STICKS with his choice! My nephew came in the other day saying he was not going to eat meat anymore. The conversation between him and my brother :beercheer: (his da) went something like this: "But what about when ummee and baaba (my mom and da/his grandparents) take you to get a cheese burger?" "uh... Burgers are meat?" "And what about your eggs in the morning?" "Uh... I dont like eggs anymore!" "Ok, smarty, what about your pizza?" "PIZZAS NOT MEAT! IT'S PIZZA!" "The pepperoni is meat!" "Ok, I guess I'll eat meat then..."

Ah, kids. They brighten your life! And believe me, in THESE times, we all need some brightness! :D

Keep the stories coming! We all need a good smile!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yes, please, keep these posts coming! They're a bright spot in an uncertain world! I'm sitting here smiling after reading the above posts!

After all, we're prepping to save part of the world for future generations, and it's good to be reminded they're worth it!

8. Diego2112

Here's another one about my girlie!

Ok, she's got this rubber ducky, and she WILL NOT take a bath without it (it's one of her FAVORITE toys). AT ALL. Well, a couple months ago, we lost it :)gaah:). Well, for the past two months, it's been all spongebaths for her, since she WILL NOT get in the tub without ducky (she's cleaner with the spongebath, IMHO! :D). She's been walking around, and I've got those "Axe Bodywash" Ducks (came in a gift set), she'll pick them up, look at them quizzically, and say "Ducky?" then put them down and walk off, slightly dejected.

Well, tonight, we FOUND DUCKY! First thing she does when she sees it, grab it, kiss it, and start quacking it at mommy! She's very, VERY pleased that ducky is back! And what's more, we've found a SMALLER one that looks JUST like it, so she's got TWO, a big one and a little one! I would say momma and baby, but I've always considered ducky a guy for some reason... Probably because I AM a guy... :D

9. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

My oldest son just turned 5 and knows more about computers, particularly our iPad, than I do. He is also the self appointed interior decorator and style expert of the family. He keeps telling me how much he loved our old century house and wants to go back there. I don't blame him either. Their bedroom had a great view with four huge casement windows. He is a really special child, although challenging at times. He may or may not be on the autism spectrum, we continue to delay the evaluation because we don't want him to go through that until we think he can handle it, it's pretty rigorous. He is very smart, well spoken, but can be anxious and shy. His favorite people in the whole world are his grandma and great grandma! :D

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Diego, I'm glad your daughter has Ducky back! Sure, Ducky is probably a "guy duck", nothing wrong with a Daddy and daughter ducky set?!

OFM, your son sounds wise beyond his years! I'm glad you're holding off on the autism evaluation. Give him time to develop more, he may just be on his own "normal" schedule, and maybe just marches to a different drummer! Lots of kids are anxious and shy. Just keep doing what you're doing: loving and encouraging him!

Thanks, you two, for more stories!

11. Diego2112

OFM, good call with holding off the eval. Chances are, he's just a normal kid, no problems at all, just a little shy! :D I was the same way at that age, and I turned out... ok, so maybe I'm not the best example... tee hee hee

That's a good point, Gypsysue... Why CANT it be a daddy and daughter? :D

Well, today, we're finally back in NC (near my parents and broter :beercheer:). My daughter is just fine, since our living room is set up the exact same way as she's always known. Right now she's dancing to "A Whole New World!" ... but she wont eat her beef stew (we think she dont like it, because she'll eat anything else we give her... Right now she's on a cheese trip!)...

12. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Uh oh... I feel a song coming on. :eek: "Rubber ducky, you're the one; you make bath time lots of fun; rubber ducky you're my very best friend, it's true; boo boo boo be doo"...... (apologies to Kermit the Frog).

Ok, gypsy and mdprepper... that's another goofy song to get stuck in your heads (snicker). :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Thanks, Harley, I've seriously had the smurf song stuck in my head for days, so maybe "rubber ducky" will chase it out! lol