Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it be better to make this little room away from the big room a bit less visible? nothing to hide but it could cause some members to feel slighted.. I don't know how that can be done but I feel it should be lower profile..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think Hozay has a good point. No point in insulting folks if we don't need to; but I am grateful that we have a secure site. Thank you.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I thought about creating a new membership level for this one section and then making it hidden to everyone, but, then thought, why not just leave it. I will get the PM about it - I can lie and say that it is admin-only ... :sssh:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ad min only sounds like a good idea, or how about after you have been on the forum for a certain length of time and posts. What about sorting out the quality of people by their posts.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Ad min only sounds like a good idea, or how about after you have been on the forum for a certain length of time and posts. What about sorting out the quality of people by their posts.
I'm pretty certain THAT is how we all got our 'invites'... ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
O crap now i,am in a conspiracy, i knew it! LOL! I very much appreciate the invite here, it does feel nice to be able to speak ya mind here, what's left of it anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
admin-only - That should do it... I would think... Most forums have them ...

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
I thought about creating a new membership level for this one section and then making it hidden to everyone, but, then thought, why not just leave it. I will get the PM about it - I can lie and say that it is admin-only ... :sssh:
Admin only sounds good to me.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
I also vote for Admin Only as the solution. :congrat:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I guess we're all ad-min now. :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I just took noticed to something. When I hit the new posts button, the "quiet time" forum shows up with the new posts and threads listed. Is this because I have already logged in to this forum or does everyone see it?
That may be a problem if explaining it as an admin section. I'm not sure we're large enough to need 20 mods just yet. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I think that would be it ... you have already logged in.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
You all can be ad-mins.... I'll volunteer to be the odd-min. :D

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I just took noticed to something. When I hit the new posts button, the "quiet time" forum shows up with the new posts and threads listed. Is this because I have already logged in to this forum or does everyone see it?
That may be a problem if explaining it as an admin section. I'm not sure we're large enough to need 20 mods just yet. :dunno:
Long answer:

If you log-out and then go into your internet browser settings you can clear cookies, webhistory, passwords, etc from the internet "memories". Then try to get into PreparedSociety and you will see that as a guest, before you log-in that there is no politics, no religion, no Website comments, etc.

After you login, then you will see more sections available. Scroll down to the bottom and look at QuietTime and you should see "never" for postings.

Then go ahead and click on "new posts" or QuickLinks/Today'sPosts and see if anything shows up on the listing showing threads under QuietTime.

If any of you are looking at another person's profile (with the wall, etc) you can see what they are doing if they are online. IF they are in QuietTime and you are not passworded into it, it will show that they are "just viewing thread" .. it doesn't let anyone know what they are really doing.

If they are creating a new thread (lets say in Recipe Share) it will say that they are created a new thread in RecipeShare ...

The forum software is very secure when you want it to be that way.

Short answer:

No worries - I got it taken care of. :sssh:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty certain THAT is how we all got our 'invites'... ;)
I got mine because every group need a nasty grumpy old fart...!:D

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I have to admit-I logged out and checked on the security stuff. It works. :)

I wasn't doubting-just wanted to check it out as I've never been privvy to this kind of thing before!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Long answer:

If you log-out and then go into your internet browser settings you can clear cookies, webhistory, passwords, etc from the internet "memories". Then try to get into PreparedSociety and you will see that as a guest, before you log-in that there is no politics, no religion, no Website comments, etc.

After you login, then you will see more sections available. Scroll down to the bottom and look at QuietTime and you should see "never" for postings.

Then go ahead and click on "new posts" or QuickLinks/Today'sPosts and see if anything shows up on the listing showing threads under QuietTime.

If any of you are looking at another person's profile (with the wall, etc) you can see what they are doing if they are online. IF they are in QuietTime and you are not passworded into it, it will show that they are "just viewing thread" .. it doesn't let anyone know what they are really doing.

If they are creating a new thread (lets say in Recipe Share) it will say that they are created a new thread in RecipeShare ...

The forum software is very secure when you want it to be that way.

Short answer:

No worries - I got it taken care of. :sssh:
Short answer works for me. :D

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Nah...let them continue to be the administrators...

WE'LL be the consultants! lol Then they get the blame! (For what? I dunno. It just sounded good!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts