Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popular Mechanics will be putting out a story on "unusual hurricane preparations" to consider. It will be out in July or August.

The author interviewed me via phone last Sunday. It gave me a thrill!

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've noticed that since Walley World has changed their distribution systems, many more empty shelf spaces are evident.

I believe the next disaster that provides some warning, will see greater supply grabbing frenzies than what we've seen before. It used to be that there were approximately 3 days of supplies in any American city at any given time. I think that number has now been reduced to one or two days.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
October Edition is out

Popular Mechanics will be putting out a story on "unusual hurricane preparations" to consider. It will be out in July or August.

The author interviewed me via phone last Sunday. It gave me a thrill!
The interview with PM is in the newly released October edition!!! Hopefully, my DW can find a copy tomorrow and scan it to me via email so I can read it.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes that's me. The article is alright but they didn't mention that 3 days without water is the limit. Unfdortunately, I was underway when they called me for both interviews and I wasn't entirely focused on this subject while trying to drive 2 large barges through the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway at those times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.