Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end is near. Guys I'm totally serious, everywhere i go i can see signs of this world going down. the other day i saw a mouse eat a cat! :eek:

I'm not kidding, I'm scared I especially have a phobia of cannibals. I always get dreams that my parents are gonna eat me for dinner. :dunno:

Do you guys have any tips to make it through on a day to day basis? I just really need a friend right now. My best friends all think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pabst Blue Ribbon helps, that and knowing I have people that depend on me. Sometimes I have to just quit listening to the news though. I just keep trying to get things squared away a little more all the time.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Um...yeah. Let's see...you could google recipes for "cat". Some of the zombie information might be helpful in feeling safe from cannibals.

I agree with Katfish, too much input of news, especially regarding world conditions, can result in those kind of feelings. Get enough Pabst in you, though, and the news can sound kinda interesting...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I can relate to crazy, I'm in AA and the only way it works is we aren't all crazy at the same time!:D;)

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Ahhhh..... Pabst Blue Ribbon - the champagne of bottled beers! That brings back some very fond memories of my Dad. He used to drink Pabst back in the '50's. Lord, I sure do miss him. :cry: But, we've still got the Pabst!! :beercheer:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Why would anyone be scarred of cannibals... they make a really fine smoke. Oh... sorry, that's "cannabis" that makes a fine smoke (or so I'm told). :rolleyes: :eek: :tmi:

·
Registered
300 Posts
The end is near. Guys I'm totally serious, everywhere i go i can see signs of this world going down. the other day i saw a mouse eat a cat! :eek:

I'm not kidding, I'm scared I especially have a phobia of cannibals. I always get dreams that my parents are gonna eat me for dinner. :dunno:

Do you guys have any tips to make it through on a day to day basis? I just really need a friend right now. My best friends all think I'm crazy.
God is in control. There is nothing to fear. God is both all powerful and loving. He has the power to rescue you from all harm. Even if He chooses not to, it is because he has brought you home to paradise. It's a win : win.
Christians's never die, they just leave the body behind.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Gee, HarleyRider, you are SO on a roll today! Thanks for another smile!

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
Had a 'friend' at work jokingly ask me,"Dude, when you 'go postal' and gun everybody down, remember I'm your friend!"

I replied, "Pat, I promise....... I'll save you for last!"

He got this really weird look on his face....... :rolleyes:

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
We had a census worker come to the house the other day. Just as he got near the porch I fired off a round out of the 223 at a gopher from the next property over. (I didn't have a clue he was at the house.) The sound reverberated off the cabin and it sounded like I was nearby (instead of 1/2 mile away). He almost had a heart attack. My wife (gypsysue) reassured him that it was just me and our daughter's boyfriend out shooting gophers. He relaxed somewhat and told her that they'd been "warned" about this part of the county and he was just a little apprehensive. My wife gave him directions to find the rest of those he was looking for and assured him that no one we knew out here was going to shoot or harrass him and he went on his merry way. We actually felt a little sorry for him.

For some reason the powers that be decided that census forms for "outlying areas" should be hand delivered instead of mailed. Then they sent these people out with maps that didn't even have the roads on them ... just "X's" where the houses were supposed to be. You can't hardly find a lot of these homes with a map, let alone with one that doesn't even have roads on it!

·
38 Posts
Paranoia leads to panic, and panic is not cool. Chill out, prepare, and be glad you have the skills to make it.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Had a 'friend' at work jokingly ask me,"Dude, when you 'go postal' and gun everybody down, remember I'm your friend!"

.......... :melikey:

·
Zookeeper
145 Posts

That made my day! ROFL!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yeah, Bigdog57, that was GREAT!!! We're still laughing!

·
265 Posts
sorry for being off-topic, but what kind of beer is Pabst?

Never heard of it...

V.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
At the risk of serious verbal and emotional injury to myself;

It's a bitter, watered down, tasteless concoction of ingredients that someone called beer. I never realized people actually drank it. :ignore: :peep:

If there are to be repercussions from this review, we should probably move them to the beer thread

Iwanttosurvive420, There is no one size fits all answer. Everyone has their own ideas on what to prepare for and how to go about it. Read through the mountain of info we have compiled here first and then ask some specific questions as to what might be appropriate for your situation. We're all in this together.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I'm sorry Iwanttosurvive420, we all have our individual demons to deal with, but we do sympathize with you on yours though. We can't limit the conversation as simple as what type of beer that is just for that reason. We have some members that are recovering alcoholics, as far as I can determine, and we support them in their effort. Maybe some of them can advise you and help with more support information through personal PMs.
If the thread were to get more in depth it would be advised to move or be moved to our sister forum... HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts