Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Wow ... Thanks for the construction workers, who took him down. It is a crazy world.

Things have gone very bad ... We are to the point we no longer go up-town for anything, (gangs have taken over our small city). We go back roads to a small town in N.C. for shopping...

As for kids in school ... HOME SCHOOL!!!!!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
.357 revolver ... maybe the construction-guys should have used the last bullet and put it into his head ...

He'll have a couple years in a psych-ward and then will be released because he is "fine" ... and we all know what F.I.N.E. means, eh?

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,696 Posts
Remember the A.H who shot up that school back in Bush I's day that got the assault rifle ban started?I wonder what kind of crap you'd see in this guy's skull if you cat-scanned him?:eek:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
For those of us who have kids (I have a 2 year old boy) this is especially scary.The world changed a lot from when I was a kid-the internet got big when I was in college, cell phones, etc...in many ways the world got smaller. But we did NOT have wackos like this running about. If you did hear of a shooting spree, it was isolated and remote. Now it's almost trendy. My son is going to gropw up in a post Y2K, post 9/11 world and that's SO different from what I experienced. I'm 34-I was a little kid in the 80's. I remember the Challenger but not Reagan getting shot. We've had the school shootings of the past decade or so, the terrorist attacks, a$$holes like this guy KYFarmer posted about... My parents never had to sit me down and explain why some people go around killing each other out of the blue, and I dread that that's a conversation my boy and I will have to have some day. I'm sure those of you older than me can say the same about when you raised my generation,and maybe I just reached another of those "wisdom you gain as you grow older" moments, but this really troubles me.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I'm sure those of you older than me can say the same about when you raised my generation,and maybe I just reached another of those "wisdom you gain as you grow older" moments, but this really troubles me.
Things have changed dramatically.
During summer vacation, when I was 10, 12, 14, the kids in our neighborhood, in a town of 25,000 or so, would leave our houses at 9:00AM and not come back home till suppertime. Our parents never really had to worry about us. We could get on our bikes and ride 15 miles to the lake or 5 miles to the creek where we would swim and fish all day. As long as we were home for supper, it was all good. I wouldn't feel comfortable today having my kids leave for the entire day on their own.

I made a map of our bike route to the lake. I don't know if this map will show the route or not.

Horseman, you might be familiar with Rose Valley Lake.

OK it didn't work. If you go due north from the placemark you'll see the lake.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Get out your tinfoil hats on boys and girls

Cause my paranoia is about to hatch! Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that almost every time the Dim-o Craps start whining about guns and wanting more gun control that it's starts a rash of shootings?... it's like every time...

now I don't think they have a place where they program some types to become robots and do as ordered :)rolleyes::ignore::sssh:) but it just seems strange..

do I think Nancy and Schumer and reid would be a part of that??? hmmm.. do I have to answer that? :scratch

I've never believed in coincidence... but I can't or don't want to believe my Gov would be involved in something like that....

Waco and Ruby Ridge not withstanding... I mean sure it may be necessary to burn a church and kill most of the folks who live there...once in a while.. or to shoot a nursing mother in the head..I mean I'm sure we can all see where that might be something that needs to be done...once in a while.. not to become a habit.. :eek::eek:

Just wondering yanno.. just saying .... kinda...sorta... :peep:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
UncleJoe said, "Horseman, you might be familiar with Rose Valley Lake."

Yup. A beautiful area.

But you are right, UncleJoe. Things in the Williamsport (Rose Valley Lake area is just a short distance north of the city) area have changed in a nasty way in the last 20 years. A huge influx of druggies into the city because of a sweetheart deal between a former mayor and some movers and shakers in Philly.

When the judges in Philly tell bad-guy druggies, "Go to Williamsport (start-up drug rehab joints) or go to jail, the druggies go to Wmspt, and their families follow. Pretty soon, drug deals and shooting are rampant. That's what they've got. That's why whenever I take family to Wmspt after dark, I carry.

Thank God we live a good long distance from there.

And as you said, parents would be nuts to let their kids roam at will all day now. Darned shame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts