Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a busy weekend.

Passed my road-test for my motorcycle yesterday afternoon - I can ride legally now all by myself!!!

I spent about 6hrs today hiking hills and valleys looking for some deer with some friends who were looking for elk and whitetail as well. I cannot believe that the four of us didn't see a single animal (we went in two groups of 2 people) ... well, other than Lucas who spotted a wolf a couple hundred yards away. I didn't see squirrels, rabbits or even mice! Saw a couple of birds (grouse and crow) and the woods were completely silent - too silent.

I did track a bear (tracks look like a black-bear, maybe 500lbs), coyote, cougar ... and found many signs of mulie and whitetail - even where they bedded down (most likely the night before) .. but still, no visual of animals or even the expected sounds of them.

I was hunting with Curtis who also said that after hunting and camping in that area for over 5 years, it was the quietest he has ever noticed. Two months earlier he spotted twenty different deer (mix of whitetail and mulie) while camping ...

Needless to say, the truck-box was empty on our return-drive home. :gaah:

I'll be tryin' to put something into the freezer next weekend with my X-bow and my rifle (depending on time of day).

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Cograts on the road test. :2thumb:

I was lucky. Back in '78 when I needed to renew my regular license, there was a box on the form for you to check if you wanted a motorcycle license. No questions, no book test and no road test. Just check the box and you're in.
I have never owned a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
UncleJoe you had me rolling ... Thanks!:2thumb:

NaeKid - Congrats on the road test! :2thumb: And better luck hunting and something into the freezer next weekend. By the way we have not had much luck around here either ... maybe the next time we go out ...

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
What a busy weekend.

Passed my road-test for my motorcycle yesterday afternoon - I can ride legally now all by myself!!! ...
Congrats! :2thumb: Can you take the training wheels off now!:D

We've had the same problem with hunting here. I went out this afternoon and saw two antlerless whitetails. One was sandwich size so I wouldn't have shot it even if it had been legal. The other was full grown but no antlers. They have to have antlers this year to be legal.

Saw some fox and bobcat tracks. Fox are kinda rare around here.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Cograts on the road test. :2thumb:

I was lucky. Back in '78 when I needed to renew my regular license, there was a box on the form for you to check if you wanted a motorcycle license. No questions, no book test and no road test. Just check the box and you're in.
wow, the WORLD was just SO much cooler before I was born... :mad:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The test that "SHOULD" be given is to the non motorcycle riding public, things like "LOOK!! see the Motorcycle!!!?????????? SEE the person riding the MC !!!???

The hardest thing for me to learn was how to stay alive long enough to really learn how to ride the damn thing, most people just don't "SEE" MC's... I finely gave up and sold my last big road bike..after 3 very close escapes in the space of 10 minutes.. haven't been on one since..

As for hunting or the lack of game .. the answer was in the sighting of the wolf..the Elk herds in MT are being wiped out by the GD things... Cows giving birth are having the calf pulled out by wolves..

The so called "Reintroduction" of the Wolf in MT has been a huge mistake but the Environazi's won't ever admit it...

Better luck next time... and "Be Careful on that MC" !! the general public is blind to them..

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
When I moved to MT I checked on the MC endorsement when I got my license. The Highway patrolman giving the test asked how long I'd been riding. I told him about 12 years. He said "you're supposed to take the driving test but if you've lived this long riding motorcycles I don't think a test is needed."

The women running the DL examining office now are strictly (and very anal) "by the book" types. What a pain they are!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
wow, the WORLD was just SO much cooler before I was born... :mad:
Around that same time, us "kids" would race each other from red light to red light on the downtown streets of the small city(25,000) I grew up in. One night a bunch of us were hanging out in a municipal parking lot. A cop pulled in and asked what we we were doing and if we were drinking. Most of us admitted having beer in the car and a couple of us weren't even 21 yet. He asked us to get it out so he could see it. We figured we were in pretty deep doo-doo. We got our beer out and what did he do? Stood there and watched as we poured every bottle out then told us to go home. :beercheer: We were more than happy to comply. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts