Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
A metal detector is not necessary . Crazy always shows in the eyes. :nuts:
I'm bettin , most of us here, have been around good folks, and bad folks enough throughout our lives, that it comes fairly easy to SEE the difference in a well intentioned person and one that has bad intentions.

Never set anywhere with my back to a door.

Its not 100% , but it just pays to be very observant and , in this day and time, even more so. Especially at Church. Christians are under attack also.

Pay very close attention to your surroundings and how people are acting and talking. If it looks wrong.....it usually is.

May save your life someday.

No..... I'm not paranoid, I'm not nutso.......I'm just aware .

:rolleyes: probably preaching to the choir here.

Jim

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
If self defense was not allowed by Jesus then why were Peter and Paul armed? Jesus didn't tell them to throw their swords away he just said put them away, its not time to use them.

He also said render to Cesar what belongs to Cesar which is whoever lives in Israel at the time. :dunno:

·
Cowboy
3,568 Posts
...pays to be very observant and , in this day and time, even more so. Especially at Church. ... Pay very close attention to your surroundings and how people are acting and talking. If it looks wrong.....it usually is.

May save your life someday.

Jim
Sunday about two pews in front of me. Never saw him before, he came in late. His dress and tattoos reminded me of a hard core Biker but with clean combed hair. He just stared straight ahead unsmiling during the singing. I didn't notice any bulges under his vest. I was thinking about how I should have worn a suit coat that would have covered the 45 instead of wearing the 380 in my pants pocket.

When he shook hands with those offered during the meet and greet part of the service I relaxed a bit. He appeared to pay attention to the sermon. After the service he bee-lined to regular attender. They acted like they knew each other.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Sunday about two pews in front of me. Never saw him before, he came in late. His dress and tattoos reminded me of a hard core Biker but with clean combed hair. He just stared straight ahead unsmiling during the singing. I didn't notice any bulges under his vest. I was thinking about how I should have worn a suit coat that would have covered the 45 instead of wearing the 380 in my pants pocket.

When he shook hands with those offered during the meet and greet part of the service I relaxed a bit. He appeared to pay attention to the sermon. After the service he bee-lined to regular attender. They acted like they knew each other.
That's what I'm talking about,,

Just be observant...

and prepared.;)

Jim

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am waiting for church guns to become a thing. Like BBQ guns (if you know what I mean). I for one will get something fancy and then open carry it as part of my dress clothing ensemble. For now I just take the "church mouse" and his twin brother "the noisy cricket". We have an armed Sentinel already so I am a secondary line of defense.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts