Huge Fuel Price Increase!

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by OldCootHillbilly, Feb 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

We can expect the price a crude oil ta go up by 25 dollars a barrel tammarraw an the price a fuel ta go up by 50 cents a gallon because a gerbil passed gas in the middle east!:eek:

Nothin has interrupted the flow a oil, but because a few folks er partyin in the streets the traders of the market feel the need ta drive the price a oil up!:dunno: I love them people. Hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest parts a their bodies what they can't reach!:congrat:

2. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

Oh goody. Gas went up .06 cents just two or three days ago in my area. Definitely not looking forward to another jump...especially since I'm traveling a lot during the week. :mad:

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

here gas was:

$2.92 one week ago...

$3.05 yesterday...

$3.29 today...

:cry:

4. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Damn! I think I'll hit the gas station pronto. We have what's called "fuel perks" here via our local grocery store. Basically, buy food and they give you a discount on fuel. Right now, we're eligible for $2.40 off per gallon for up to 30 gallons. I better go into town and use that up (in 5-gallon cans). I have a bulk-tank that I'll pour it into.

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

yeah, Giant Eagle does that here also...

when they had Double Fuel Perks AND $100 prepaid Visa cards I was buying $500 worth (paying $30 fees) & getting $2.00 fuel perks (x30=$60)... where this gets interesting is that I was using the gift cards to buy OTHER $100 Visa or American Express gift cards... ad nauseum (once or twice a week, multiple times a day when I found out that $100 nonrefillable GCs were being discontinued... THAT was a scramble to about 12 different area stores)

it would only work with double fuel perks AND $100 increment cards because otherwise you just spend money

in effect it didn't matter how much the gas price was, as long as I had more fuel perks than the price AND I bought 30 gallons every time I was basically paying 1/2 of the stated price of fuel ($30 in fees would get me $60 in fuel)

while ALSO retaining my original $500

it took more than 2 years for them to close this "loophole", nothing I did was remotely illegal, yet when I would tell 'friends' how to do it they would act shocked and 'above' doing such a thing (in fact, I believe it is one of these 'ex' friends that informed the corporate offices of what I was doing, which is where I learned to tell NO ONE, that can link my true identity to any of my activities, about anything ever again :cry:

6. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

I have a $1.30 in fuel perks! My mom bought $500 in Best Buy to get a laptop with my Giant Eagle card! We also get perks from WIC. We only redeem it at Giant Eagle.

7. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I never took it that far. I'd just go buy gift cards at Giant Eagle for places I knew I was going to make a purchase at. BTW, I was really disappointed when they dropped Lowe's as it almost forced me to buy at Home Depot which I don't like as much.

We did some major home improvements so I'd just buy the gift cards. I didn't pay ANYHING for gas for several months. It was so sweet that I'd swipe my Giant Eagle card at the gas station and the pump price read 0.00 per gallon and I'd fill up 30 gallons FOR FREE.

8. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Sounds just like my neck of the woods!:cry:

9. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Jumped a dime here from AM to PM ... Knew it was coming but it still stings! :ignore:

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

That's what we had. $3.09 in the AM, $3.19 PM

Diesel up to $3.69, a $.05 increase

11. Moose33

Moose33 Well-Known Member

The gas station closest to my house took down the sign the tells peope the price per gallon from the street. There's a pretty loud message in that. :(
    Moose

12. UncleJoe

In Pa, retailers are required by law to have prices posted in clear view from the road.

13. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Yesterday when I left work gas was 3.10 this morning as I came in the price was 3.15. Nothing has happened to effect our flow of oil yet, it is just the oil companies chance to rip us off.

14. BizzyB

BizzyB BucketHunter

$3.03 last I looked on Monday. $3.13 today.

Good times.

15. UncleJoe

Crude hit $100 a barrel today and closed at $98.92.
    Look for $4.00 a gallon soon. :(

16. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I just went to town for the primary purpose of getting gas (through my fuel perks, of which some were going to expire).
    $3.25 at the pump but through my fuel perks, I paid 95 cents. :)

17. UncleJoe

Took DW out to dinner tonight for her birthday and saw diesel jumped another $.06 to $3.75

18. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

AMEN Reverend!:beercheer:

19. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Diesel has been $3.79 here for quite some time. Unleaded has been $3.36. On KPTV News today they reported to expect $4-$5 a gallon gas by Memorial Day

20. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Fuel prices did another jump to $3.25/gal since last night.