Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
this is our storm-shelter/pantry....the old man we bought our house from had made this room in the south-east corner of the house, all 4 walls are 12" concrete w/rebar.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mines not even close to what will be needed, i,am ashamed to be in this shape now, not near enough. I have 4-6 other's to look out for that don't have a clue. No i,am not ready. Thank's for the post it show's me that i need to get off my thingy and get more done. I,am not thinking month's but year's, lord i hope not.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I didn't see any freeze-dried or dehydrated food items. About 2/3 of mine are of this kind, no immediate need for rotation. You must have a large family to rotate all of these. With just the two of us now it would take 'until the end of the world' to eat enough to completely rotate your pantry:D. Still like what you have done though.:2thumb:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't see any freeze-dried or dehydrated food items. About 2/3 of mine are of this kind, no immediate need for rotation. You must have a large family to rotate all of these. With just the two of us now it would take 'until the end of the world' to eat enough to completely rotate your pantry:D. Still like what you have done though.:2thumb:
lots of dehydrated stuff in jars bunkerbob....i use instant coffee jars for most of it and dad's a butcher in a dely so i get a lot of nice sized tubs w/lids form potato salad, macaroni salads ect. from him so the peppers and tomatoes i dehydrate go in the larger tubs.....and as far as how many of us, it depends on when........there is 4 of us but there could be anywhere from 8 to 60 of us also.:beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see you have a wonderful storage place and plenty in it. But I was wondering how you keep mice and other un wanted pests out of you supplies I see that you did not have every thing in bags or containers?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I see you have a wonderful storage place and plenty in it. But I was wondering how you keep mice and other un wanted pests out of you supplies I see that you did not have every thing in bags or containers?

:2thumb: having a fat cat keeps 'em away.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts