hows your pantry stacking up?

Discussion in 'General Food and Foraging Discussion' started by Tribal Warlord Thug, Nov 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tribal Warlord Thug

Tribal Warlord Thug Well-Known Member

this is our storm-shelter/pantry....the old man we bought our house from had made this room in the south-east corner of the house, all 4 walls are 12" concrete w/rebar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Hey - I have that exact same spice rack, except mine sits full of spices right beside my stove!

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Fantastic store for a 'rainy' day. You make me jealous. Thanks for the photos.

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Not bad. Nice stash.

5. tyler_kd0bsa

tyler_kd0bsa Well-Known Member

6. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

That is a great store. How long does it take you rotate your stock?

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Mines not even close to what will be needed, i,am ashamed to be in this shape now, not near enough. I have 4-6 other's to look out for that don't have a clue. No i,am not ready. Thank's for the post it show's me that i need to get off my thingy and get more done. I,am not thinking month's but year's, lord i hope not.

8. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Mine is no where near that. Nice pics.

9. bunkerbob

I didn't see any freeze-dried or dehydrated food items. About 2/3 of mine are of this kind, no immediate need for rotation. You must have a large family to rotate all of these. With just the two of us now it would take 'until the end of the world' to eat enough to completely rotate your pantry:D. Still like what you have done though.:2thumb:

10. Tribal Warlord Thug

approx. every 3-4 months.....depends on how many BBQ's in the summer and then ya gots the Holidays.......:beercheer:

11. Tribal Warlord Thug

lots of dehydrated stuff in jars bunkerbob....i use instant coffee jars for most of it and dad's a butcher in a dely so i get a lot of nice sized tubs w/lids form potato salad, macaroni salads ect. from him so the peppers and tomatoes i dehydrate go in the larger tubs.....and as far as how many of us, it depends on when........there is 4 of us but there could be anywhere from 8 to 60 of us also.:beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer::beercheer:

12. In the pines

In the pines Member

I see you have a wonderful storage place and plenty in it. But I was wondering how you keep mice and other un wanted pests out of you supplies I see that you did not have every thing in bags or containers?

13. bunkerbob

Just finished setting up my mini tracker can rotation racks...Fifo Storage very easy and they work great. Just add newer purchased cans to the top and use the bottom ones, no need to mark dates on cans.

14. Tribal Warlord Thug

[​IMG]

:2thumb: having a fat cat keeps 'em away.....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009