Howdy ...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shane, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Shane

Shane Member

I stumbled upon this forum yesterday and am very happy to have found it. ... Looks like a terrific resource and on line community in these days of darkening clouds.

I've been tracking the precious metals arena for a few years now and have more recently been working in some ways to prepare for basic needs. .... It's strange to find myself living in a small city in the states, as I've always been much more of a wilderness person. .. Made a living as a seasonal wilderness guide for many years, as well as a cow puncher in the rockies. Those years of experience are priceless in a shtf scenario, as long as one is living in a rural environment,... but living in an urban situation,.. it's a different ball-o-wax.

I look forward to learning and exchanging info. with you all.

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I'm in one of the largest cities in North America. I know where you're coming from. I've been an urban dweller since birth so I lack the wilderness experience you have. There's lots of nice people here. Jump in and start posting.

Peace!

3. Shane

Shane Member

Thanks Canadian. .... I have enjoyed and appreciated your countries wilderness for many years. ... It's people too.
    As a matter of fact, apart from the very cold winter weather, I prefer being on the land in Canada. It's a lot more pure and untouched than the land in the states. The cold winter weather tends to inhibit the encroachment of people and development.

4. Turkish

Turkish Guest

I would love to get the chance to visit Canada sometime. When is the best/prettiest time of year to come?

5. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

If you don't like snow come during summer. If you think snow is pretty come up in the winter and ski or snowboard.

6. 10101

10101 Guest

Welcome!

Glad you could make it.

7. mona

mona Guest

I've been to Canada several times on vacation. The people have always been very nice to me. I plan on going back this summer.