Prepared Society Forum banner

Howdy from SW Nebraska

691 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Jason 
#1 ·
Howdy folks,

Been doing the homesteading/prep thing for years now, but I find myself in transition.

I'm single my daughter is grown and gone, and I find myself looking to the hills and wishing I was further out and living more simply. I've been a member of another forum for over 10 years now, but find the politics and religion to be too divisive. Another forum I go to is full of arm chair commandos and wannabe mall ninjas, so I have been looking for someplace else.

Hopefully I have found a forum where all those people that used to read MEN back in the early days went to. I have lived on my own homestead for the last 8 years, and have learned so much in the process. I grew up rural, but until you are doing it for real, it is all theory. Books can get you started, but actual hands on real life experience is king.

Glad to be here,

Wilhelm

#4 ·
Welcome! I love your philosophy of "doing/living it" and not just reading about it. It's the best "teacher"!
This is a great place. We all learn a lot from each other. I'm sure you'll be an asset as well.

#5 ·
We all are learning. I hope that you will find what you are looking for here.

:welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.