Howdy from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by storm, Apr 12, 2011.

1. storm

storm New Member

Hello to all. I have been reading this forum for a bit now and thought I should say hi.
    I think I was born prepping. At least that is what some of my friends that have known me for a hundred years think.:D I taught myself to can, dry food, garden and work on my car and house when I was very young.
    My goals in addition to prepping are to move out of the city to a small rural area. I dream of building a monolithic dome home some day. I hope SHTF does not happen before I can move.
    I look forward to reading more of this forum and getting more great ideas.

2. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

howdy!

I too grew up gardening and canning, mostly with my grandparents. then my parents stopped, as we really moved to the city, now they are gardening again, just in the backyard.

My parents think I am somewhat crazy in preparing...but they really do not see the things we see in our business. people are changing, people are not paying for things, they are not as honest as they were back when grandma and grandpa farmed.

anyway....welcome!

3. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

A belated welcome, but welcome nonetheless. Enjoy and keep learning.

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

5. MrsSellaneous

MrsSellaneous Shelf Reliance

Howdy Right Back At You!

Hello, Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  6. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

7. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

8. storm

storm New Member

Thank you all. I am not an expert in anything thing, but do know a little about a lot of things.
    I put several servings of istant coffee, tea and coco in food saver bags today and will put them in a plastic container when I get enough to fill it up. I know that is not going to be a food to survive, but morale is a very important mind set. I believe it can make the difference.

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Hi, Welcome Aboard!

10. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us! It sounds like you're working right along on prepping! Keep up the good work!

:)